1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown live TR labor day weekend

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mwig, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone explain 'scratchers' to me? is it like a lottery ticket?

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorta. You earn them every time you get a quad or better at VP at max bet with your B connected active and you notify a slot attendant before playing your next hand.

At the quarter level and above, most scratchers are worth $2, but may be up to $5000. At nickel and dime, most scratchers are $1.

3. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two $5,000 were hit about two weeks ago so it might be a while for the big ones. I used to get some $5 cards mixed in but I got a lot this trip and nothing larger than $3. I gave a lady next to me a $3 card for her $2. She hit a quad beforw me but the attendant stopped at mine first. She was visibly upset which is crazy and I don't really care. They just add some fun. Now, if it had been $5,000, I'm not that nice.

4. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few final thoughts:

I am back home now. The red eye flight works well for me as sleeping the whole way home has never been a problem. 4 hours in the air makes for a decent night sleep. I am normally at about 5-6 hours so 4 gets me through the day, I ended up with a slight loss. The miracle royal from a one card hold really saved this trip. I put a lot of money through so it will be interesting to watch the offers in a couple of months. Random thoughts:

1. Volatility on DDB STP is insane. The dream of a big hand with a multiplier is great but the swings are a bit uncomfortable for me.
    2. I only played one day at Four Queens although I did put through over $10k coin in. In the past, I have done 2-3 days at about $6-$8k.
    3. I gave the Golden Nugget about $3k coin in. Maybe a free room offer? We are taking my daughter for her 21st next year and she would like this place.
    4. I played through $47,500 coin in in three days at MSS. This is the most play I have done there. My old target was $10k per day and then I short played them a couple of times. The free rooms kept coming but the free play and food dried up. My host still comps off all charges but I would like to get back to a silver or gold card.
    5. I love the scratch cards at MSS. They add roughly 0.4% value although that decreases dramatically in wild card games. My totals for the three days were $22, $54 and $88. Based on past experience, if I have over $50 in scratchers per $10k coin in I have made money. The day with $22 on $12k coin in was awful. The other days were good but not good enough to overcome that disaster.
    6. I made a little playing poker. I made a very stupid play at the Binion's final table that probably cost me at least another couple of notches on the payout ladder. I had been playing for over 8 hours at that point and I am still kicking myself. I out thought my intuition. I've done it before and I know better.

This might be my last trip until May of 2016 but that is a long way out so you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.