1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

do you waive housekeeping service?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by imwired, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the 50 or so days a year we are in a hotel we don't require maid service.
    We do one big clean a week at home and use the same sheets and towels the whole time, I don't need more than that (unless there is a problem!) when I'm not at home.
    Our trips are rarely longer than five days so that probably has something to do with it.

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you waive housekeeping service?

Why would I?
    I'm not in the room{in Vegas} when they clean so that's fine.
    Never ever had anything broken or stolen.
    If I am in the room I just have the bathroom cleaned and that's it.
    Maids are always very nice.
    Nice to come back up to a fresh bathroom and made bed.
    It's part of not being at home.

3. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

I second this.

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always have the DND sign on the door. I don't want anyone touching my stuff. I am not a slob. And I definitely don't want the nasty decorative pillows put back on my bed that everyone throws on the FLOOR. Gross.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Before joining this board I would have never thought so many people decline housekeeping. And by "so many" I mean more than a small handful.

I love housekeeping. I love turndown even more. I think the coming back to a professionally cleaned, restocked, and made up room is one of the nicest parts about staying in a hotel.

For those that decline housekeeping - if you could have daily housekeeping at home, for free, so you'd come back from work to a perfectly clean house with everything at presentation quality would you not want that either?

6. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a slob but I still clean my home. If those pillows gross you out then don't give the mattress a second thought.

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends on how busy i am. If I need to be in the room for most of the afternoon then I decline the housekeeping service.

- - - Updated - - -

+1. I really like turndown service, especially if they have really good chocolate :thumbsup:

8. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love all the bells and whistles that go with housekeeping/turndown service.

We've only left the DND sign when busy during regular housekeeping hours and didn't require the aforementioned stuff. *waggles eyebrows*
    (Of course, then we'd call for reinforcements, towels, etc.) :wink2:

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im on vacation so yes i want someone to make my bed, picking up towels.

I always use them never had anything missing /stolen

10. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maid service every day? Heck yes! I'm on vacation, and I love coming back to find fresh towels, emptied wastebaskets and ashtrays, and a made bed. I don't leave stuff laying on the floor - in fact I clean up some myself before housekeeping ever comes. I always leave a tip, anywhere between $3 - $5. Have only had a problem once with missing personal effects, at a place "D"owntown that shall remain nameless. ;-)

12. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it just me or anyone else find it hard to undo the HK shrinkwrap they do with the sheets on the bed? I don't want to do that everynight.. Hard to find that right combo of sheets vs the AC temerature so I like to keep it the same way and just tidy it up a bit like at home.No concerns whatsoever about theft,I have nothing lying around worth stealing for someone to possibly lose their job over.

13. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like getting the bed made every day but I hate how they tuck the sheets at the foot of the bed. If I didn't get my leg workout that day I might appreciate the struggle of freeing the sheet but to me it's like having to do work on my vacation. More than a few times I gave up and passed out....

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  14. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

15. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have an issue with the sheets being tucked in so tight that if I got into the bed before untucking them, my feed would have to be two inches long! I leave a note asking them to please NOT make the bed. And sometimes the note is effective lol.

16. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love that, Vdara pulls that Green stuff, wash my damn towels and could your shower take less than 20 mins to dribble enough water to get my wife's hair wet enough to shampoo it?

17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading this thread and thinking about housekeeping helped me decided to book a maid service for my house last weekend.

It was...awesome. Beautiful woman shows up to clean my place and I don't have to?

Yes.

18. AnAmericanTexanInVegas

AnAmericanTexanInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always accept HK services.
    Can I make my own bed and get my own towels? Sure, I do it every day at home. But these small services go a long way for me as part of my "vacation experience".
    I don't ever leave anything in the room that I couldn't live without but (knock on wood) I have never had any issue with items being stolen or damaged.

19. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

I was thinking this right before I read your post. Its must be part of the house keeping code of conduct. I haven't stayed at a decent hotel that doesn't do this. Also reminds me too much of boot camp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.