1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games dealer change

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by mikeyvegas1, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So 4 times on this last trip (2 with the same dealer) I was at a table that pretty much cleared out after a dealer change. The first dealer was interactive, fun and friendly. The full table was having fun winning or losing great vibe the whole works:beer:. Then the dealer leaves and the replacement is quiet, boring stone faced and destroys the vibe in about 2 hands:thumbsdown:. Then people start leaving the table myself included. Personality should be one of the top things they look at when hiring dealers.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  2. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what dealers think of the "poor" dealers in regards to tips, since they are pooled for the shift.

I like happy dealers as well but if I am winning, I could not care less!

3. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like a dealer who is friendly and will chat/interact with the group. Otherwise it somewhat feels like a chore playing whatever game it is Im playing.

Me and the old lady...
  4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when they do the dealer switch, i call the new dealer the iceman/ or icelady, i tell them if they clean the table out that ill be waiting for them in the parking lot...thankfully all of them know im joking, so far

5. PTC Larry

PTC Larry Off We Go

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get a chance go to the Plaza and play with the dealer, Jeff. One of the best, very interactive and fun to play with. He even would help by looking at your cards and giving his recommendation on what to do. We were at the Plaza last week and had a few good times playing at Jeffs tables.

6. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

The worst is when the new dealer comes and you immediately leave or take a break and they call you out on it. I have come to the decision though if I am not going to enjoy the dealer I dont have to stay and play with them.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't really found any terrible dealers at the Mansion.

they all are friendly enough, especially if you chat them up and tip.

but what I hate is when you have a good run going and then that dealer goes on break.

the new dealer comes in and you can't win a hand.

I've had it happen where I'm up big with one dealer,

the relief comes in and almost deals me broke,

then the dealer comes back and I get all my money back.

weird how it goes down like that.

8. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer your question, the good dealers hate having anti social dealers around. They all pool tips, but everyone knows who the free loaders are.

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I usually do is throw a tip on the side and say 1 more hand and it's yours if it wins. I do it again if it wins. They almost always stay when you are on a streak for a couple hands. But then again, I'm considered a George.

10. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

agree...but if i leave i might give stone face a 5 cent tip.:evillaugh

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, I actually kind of like the contrast when the rest of the table is having a good time. If it's just me, or me and a couple people who aren't interacting, then not so much, but if it's a good group, then sometimes it's almost a nice break to leave the dealer out for a few hands and just bullshit among ourselves. I've been at tables where the five or six of us were having a goddamn grand time for several hours, and part of it was the variety of the dealers.

That being said, I really cannot stand true stone-faced dealers who are just standing there flipping the cards and glaring. I think that for some of them, being so serious is almost part of their shtick, but for others, they just truly have no personality.

12. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    stone-faced dealer is much better than a dealer who whole-heartly wish himself(and the house) win and every player lose.
    In more than one occasion I met dealers who would sing and dance when his hand beat every players on the BJ table, UTH table, 3CP table.

13. deanandmaria

deanandmaria Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had one of these at Paris several years ago. Very open about it too . . . talked about being a company man and needing to pay all the bills for the place. The table cleared pretty quickly. I haven't sat at table there since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.