1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps Change Request?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ChairmanMeow, Apr 19, 2024.

1. ChairmanMeow

ChairmanMeow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever requested a change in request in comps? I receive a decent number of comps in Freeplay, Food and Beverage, and Suite Accommodations; however, I don't normally use the food and beverage comps due to a stomach surgery due to limits on the amount of food I can eat, and I'm also a recovering alcoholic so I don't drink. It feels like a waste. Has anyone ever requested for their hosts to rearrange comps to be transferred to something else? I play both at MGM and Caesars properties primarily.

2. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually they can't do it. Particularly free-play/free-chips are watched much more carefully by supervisors than food comps.

3. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain - being on Mounjaro has significantly impacted my appetite as well. As @Jejas said above, I doubt they would even be able to entertain giving you more free play in lieu of F&B credit.

I know a couple people in the past that had some success asking their CET host for the reward credits equivalent of the F&B offer so they can use them whenever, but this is highly YMMV. You can also load up on packaged snacks, candies, drinks, etc at restaurants that have those items. Eatwell at Cromwell had a bunch of packaged stuff last time I was there.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. If you play enough and have a host with enough authority, you can get all sorts of changes. But if you are talking about trying to modify a corporate offer, I suspect that would be much more difficult

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET has different types of offers to choose from so should be less of an issue there. The thing is which one is better total combined value depends on your level. There are FP, Playups, Dining Credit, and FP+Resort Credit offers. The straight FP offers tend to be the best at my offer levels. $1250 FP, or $300 Dining Credit(this is the cap for that type of offer), or $500 FP+$250 Resort Credit.

MGM on the other hand seem to like giving more RC at lower levels than FP and they really don't seem to like to adjust them.

If you play at a high enough level and/or have a long time relationship with your host though then you can ask if he can make you a custom host offer for either MGM or CET and explain to him your preferences. If they do offer you more FP and less RC its likely going to not be 1:1 and you'll get less combined $ value. They really don't like moving RC to FP cause most will likely ask for backend anyways. I will say I disagree that supervisors watch Freeplay/chips more closely. Freeplay is usually the first thing my host will give me as extra.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In some cases, resort credit can be used for in house shows or spa. but if specifically listed as Food/Bev - probably not.

I have asked many times via MGM to have more FP and less Food, but no luck.

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you are lucky or you are a bigger player (likely). I never got that. I got extra food credits many times, never free play.

8. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean extra food credits up front? or backend? In my 25+ years of going to Vegas with varying play levels I've never gotten extra food credit up front added. I got extra freeplay a few times without even asking even when I was a smaller player. Usually when my previous trip was horrendously off theo in a bad way.

9. ChairmanMeow

ChairmanMeow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback, this helps clear things up a bit.

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upfront. Backend doesn't count as it can be given to anyone who has already played enough.
    Upfront offer is a good gesture from a host.
    True story:
    some years ago I texted to my host:
    "This trip my BIL comes to Vegas. I am the tour guide so I won't have time to play like other trips. But I need more food credit. You know I don't eat fancy food, but my BIL does. I will appreciate if you can add some food credits."
    His answer: "No problem. $500 added to your resort credit offer."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't get them to permanently change the skew of your offers but you can wheel and deal a little bit if you have a host.

I had a host for a short time at Aria (about 10 years ago) and I was able to get him to give me an extra night comped in exchange for waiving my FP which was about $150 at the time, whereas the room would have cost $250. That is not exactly the deal of the century but my play at the time was right on the edge and I knew I'd have to give up something.

I'm not sure that will work these days but you could take a shot at waiving your RC for an extra night or upgrading your room a notch (depending on the property).