1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cirque Local Only Specials question

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Phaleproof, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

We are visiting Las Vegas in August, and I noticed that a few of the Cirque shows have buy 2 tickets for $100.

My question is threefold:
    1) Do they seem to run these promotions all around or just during the off seasons?
    2) Do you need a Nevada ID to *USE* them?
    3) Are these tickets still subject to all the taxes/fees/etc?

I am fortunate enough to have some friends in Las Vegas who I'm sure I could convince to get us tickets for the price of a few cold frosty beverages. I know you need to have a Nevada ID to pick them up, but I would imagine they are printed the same as any other tickets after the fact.

Thanks!

Ryan

2. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The local promos seem to come and go without much predictability. Some shows have local discounts perpetually, while others are more rare. Two for $100 is pretty good though and is pretty rare.

During the summer, they do Summer of Cirque and tickets are also two for $100.

Yes, you do need proof of Nevada residency. A driver's license or state-issued ID is best. A utility bill usually works as well. I usually keep a recent power bill in my car for exactly this reason. Even when you book over the phone, they will not release the tickets to you until you bring in proof of residency.

Taxes and fees still apply. 10% tax and then $10 per ticket service charge. Your two tickets will end up being $130. I don't remember if they tax the service charge...I would assume they do not.

3. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I knew it was needed to pick it up, I just wasn't sure if after that they could be given to a non-residential (i.e. me/GF). I can't imagine they ID you with the tickets. If anything I guess you could plead ignorance and say they were a gift from a local. :)

4. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, once they're picked up, you can do whatever you want with them (well, probably not legally, but nobody's going to check). I guess selling them for more would be frowned upon, but who's to know?

I've picked up locals tickets for visiting friends and family all the time.

5. Phaleproof

Phaleproof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, no intention of selling, just looking for a deal!

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.