1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone go to a concert solo?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by da1chifan, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ALL the time :) if you wanna go, just go :D obviously more fun with people.. but I've never had an issue going to a concert a lone. i do it at home all the time, and in Vegas. Not to mention you can usually score an amazing seat being solo.

2. VideoPokerNerd

VideoPokerNerd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I go to concerts by myself quite often. Many times I can score a great seat if I buy just one ticket. Back in 2003 I scored 14th row, floor for Aerosmith & Kiss at MGM Grand Arena. Bought my ticket just hours before the show!

"Maiden Vegas" UP THE IRONS!
    1st time at Luxor
  3. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only once in my life and it was Elton in vegas. On a quick golf trip with buddy and he wasn't interested so I said why not. Ended up sitting beside some great people and enjoyed the show.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, and I hate paying for friends or family to go, that don't really want to, that's not anymore fun. I'd rather just go alone.

I've gotten pretty good at getting tickets, just gotta figure out what is the best way to do it for that particular artist (fan clubs, or pre sales, or last minute). I figure if I'm paying $100, mind as well have the VERY best seat $100 can buy. Instead of being 50th row for $100...

5. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most people ask if they should go alone because they are worried about what other people at the concert are thinking about them. My question is, "What do you think about others at the concert alone?" If it's, "Good for them! They're doing what they want to do," then that is most likely what most of them are thinking of you, and they will welcome your presence there. For the minute few who think otherwise, F them. Figuratively, not literally.

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will have an update with how it was in just a few days!!! :)

Honestly, most of the reason I did it is because as I get older, I really am trying to push the limits of my comfort zone. I can't even eat at a restaurant by myself unless I sit at the bar. I wanted to go to this concert and since no one else could attend with me on this date, I had 2 choices. To go solo or miss it completely. I am choosing to go. I have been to many concerts before and everyone is pretty much in their own little world anyway. We'll see how it goes..... :)

7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because it is a J Buffett concert it will go well....the attendees are a reflection of the artist and I don't think you will have any problem at all with your seatmates....give us feedback though about the show and good luck!!

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun at the concert!

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun
    Im just back from vegas and did 7 solo shows in 7 nights it went great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.