1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bad Experience at the California

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by keno60, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed our last night at the Cal. check in was fine, halls were nice and room was nice. This was my first time to stay there. When we went to leave the door would not lock??!!! Called downstairs to desk and was told they would send someone up after a half an hour called again and they said they would send someone up but they had been busy. Went to the desk after an hour and was told I should wait in a long line. I asked to see the hotel manager. Shortly afterward a workman showed up and started working on the door after 15 minutes he said I should go downstairs and ask for another room. So we moved packed our stuff and moved and unpacked. We never received as much as a sorry. We had dinner reservations early that night, so we had no time to gamble there. I was never rude or loud. I was very disappointed with this Boyd property reaction to our problem.:thumbsdown:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sucks... sorry to hear. I've gotten pretty good these days about checkin'-out a lot of things in the room before I unpack, but I wouldn't have thought to check that either. I make a habit of turning the A/C's on hard to see if they whistle or something... turning on the TV's...flushing the toilet to see if it sticks...things like that. It's just a bitch to be all unpacked and ready to roll only to have to call for something or ask to move rooms. Boyd properties are pretty well known for taking care of their customers. Though the on-duty staff let you down, I bet a letter, e-mail or call might produce something for a future visit to help ease the bad-feelings.

3. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a rooms manager for a large hotel I can tell you they failed on several fronts the first being not finding/reporting a door lock issue when the housekeeper cleaned the room and when the room inspector completed their inspection. I know our hotel staff including maintenance personnel respond to any door lock/room security issue immediately after it is reported. It is sad to hear that they seemed to not take the report serious enough to respond in an immediate manner. As for moving to another room I will tell you the bell person would of had a new room key in hand and would been taking my belongings to that new room.

p

4. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. Checking things before you unpack is smart. Who do you think I should address the message to? I have always had great service at the GC or Orleans. Thanks again.

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would address your letter to "Hotel Manager" or even better, your host if you have one set up there.

7. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! Have a great night.

8. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have checked in to Las Vegas hotel rooms over seventy times and no matter what I always check the ac, sink, shower and toilet before I do anything else. These are the things which would cause me to reject a room. Never checked a door lock. Guess I just assumed that if the door closed then the interior lock would work.

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are with someone else, have them hang out in the hall with your stuff and go in and check for bedbugs as well.

10. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked into a room in Harrah's AC, went to unplug the floor lamp so I could plug in my cell phone charger and didn't notice the cord was frayed. Sparks flew and a little smoke and the small flame went out on its own. Called the front desk and a maintenance guy showed up with insulated pliers and pulled the plug out of the wall. He took our lamp away.

Last week were at a hotel that had a slow drain in the sink. Got back to the room about two in the morning and we hear crash and a splash. I thought my wife dropped a cup of water. Nope. The entire drain pipe fell out of the sink and onto the floor. It was our last night so we brushed our teeth via the bath tub faucet.

Guess you can't check everything.

So, check your lamps, too. I can tough out noisy AC. But a faulty lock? That's too dangerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.