1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anniversary Meal

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by paul.hodnett, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dear All

Its our 25th wedding anniversary on our 1st trip to Vegas, Any ideas of a special restaurant to mark the occasion? Was looking at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, but as a newbie would welcome any other ideas:nworthy:

2. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am down with your choice (it's where I proposed to my wife...and she accepted!) If you can, try and get table 56 (it's the corner table with a great view of Las Vegas Blvd., Bellagio fountains.) Tell them it's your anniversary. That may help. Contact Lyle Tolhurst ([email protected]). I will post other thoughts later, but I don't think you can go wrong with your immediate choice.

3. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What type of food do you like and do you have a price limit? That may help people with suggestions.

4. bu$hman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Certainly a good idea. I was going on the presumption they liked food, all kinds (man after my own heart.) My wife and I spend our anniversary dinners at Vic And Anthony's (Golden Nugget). We both like steak, she with the surf. We always ask to be seated in the private dining area (upstairs, overlooking the rest of the restaurant) and have been fortunate enough to have our wishes accommodated. Only about 4 tables up there, so, it's pretty quiet. We also like other steakhouses (Circus Circus, Golden Steer.) I am sure more will chime in, especially if you give input based on the above post.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  5. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also a good question is: where are you staying and how are you planning on getting to the restaurant?

6. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Vdara , so plan to walk through the Bellagio.

7. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We dont mind most foods, probably look to have a nice steak myself , but my wife likes fish. Price limit around $200 ish

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Bushman. Will take your advice.

8. bu$hman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been there in a while, but, if you're planning to walk through Bellagio, Le Cirque might be another alternative. Both Eiffel Tower and Le Cirque are French cuisine. I just checked Le Cirque, and I see Dover Sole on the menu. Love the Dover Sole. Their signature salad was very memorable, also.

Write back what you did, and how it was. I am curious. Going to be in LV early Aug.

9. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May check that out as the Cirque Dover Sole sounds good. Also there from the 4th - 9th August so will let you know how we get on. Thanks

10. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Casa Di Amore. Free limo ride to and from the restaurant to your hotel.

11. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Zamboni, looks good. May well have to visit.

12. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Eiffel Tower restaurant also, and if view is important, that is an amazing one. I did have an AMAZING meal at BLT, Bally's new steakhouse last week. The food, drinks, and service were all excellent. I had filet and husband had bone-in ribeye.

13. Nolablackjack

Nolablackjack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First...congratulations on your anniversary. We have been fortunate to eat a few really good meals in Las Vegas. These include Aureole in Mandalay Bay, Picasso at the Bellagio, Sage at Aria, Julian Serranos at Aria, SW steakhouse at Wynn etc... I have to say, for a romantic anniversary dinner I would highly recommend Picasso- it was a nice meal, was not rushed and excellent service. From a food perspective I would choose Sage. The food is absolutely phenomenal however the restaurant can get quite loud.

14. bu$hman

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. paul.hodnett

paul.hodnett Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the link Bushman. It will probably be the Pacific Halibut for my wife and the Broiled Filet Mignon for me.

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Cirque is a favorite of ours - small, elegant without being stuffy, quiet, excellent food and artful presentation plus wine pairings. Very experienced and knowledgable staff. If you go, you can call the restaurant directly or have your concierge at your hotel make the reservation.
    Be sure to ask them for a fountain view table and that it is your anniversary - at end of meal they will have a small special dessert in honor of the occasion. We will be there next week for our belated anniversary - we have never been disappointed in anything we have ordered there.
    The Dover sole and Paupiette of sea-bass are favorites and lobster risotto is a great starter! Check out their menu on line - they even have a pre-theatre menu selection with wine pairings for each course if time is a factor.. Also Picasso at Bellagio is truly special, very expensive.
    You won't go wrong with any of the restaurants that have been mentioned here ; I'm sure it will be a special evening and congrats on your anniversary!!

17. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I had our 20th Anniversary dinner at the Eiffel Tower. Really enjoyed it, was very memorable. I would highly recommend.

18. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at Eiffel Tower and Le Cirque. They're both nice. However, I'd vote for Gordon Ramsey Steak. It's incredible. I'll be spending my anniversary there this year.

19. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary in Vegas in August (We had planned to go to Europe but we had to replace our roof last year, and it was expensive).

So I am reading all the suggestions here also.

-Max

20. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those with a little higher price limit....**SPLURGE**, your 25th is only once :)

I'd HIGHLY recommend either Giada @ THE Cromwell (if you can get a reservation) or Scarpetta at the Cosmo

Both are have amazing Italian food and both have a GREAT view of the Bellagio fountains!!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.