1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What Golfing Mistake, In Your game, Makes You The Most Mad ?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I'm talking about YOUR own game --
    A slice into the woods ?
    A missed 4 ft putt ?
    etc....etc.....
    My Thoughts are :
    I slice on occasion......ahh.....it happens...so what ?
    My putting is SO STREAKY.....depends on the day.....good day ?...bad day ?...so what ?
    Popping up a Tee ball happens once in a while....so what ?
    Skulling a chip shot.......ah ?....FO'getta 'bout it !
    Here are my "piss me off BADLY, for a minute " and I have to regain my composure mis-shots !:grrr:
    #2.....Fluppin' a short chip shot !
    .........usually the shorter the chip - if I flub it ?....it HURTS more !:grrr:
    You know that "edge of the green chip + it doesn't even make the green ?" WTF !!!!:grrr:
    #1....No.#1.....is the "chunked" fairway wood ! ( hybrid, in my case )
    ........Man ! That drives me NUTZ !!:thumbsdown::grrr:
    You're looking at the green 180 - 200 yds away....
    You know you gotta hit it good to get there......but you can....you've done it before.
    The other golfer hit....and now you settle in.......and........."CHUNK"....a HUGE divot...ball dribbles
    20 yds to the right.....the divot almost went farther !:evillaugh
    You dropped your shoulder and the club comes down like the letter "V" --
    instead of the letter "C"
    THE ONLY THING WORSE ?
    To repeat it immediately again !.......which I did last weekend.
    That's when I know I'm getting stiff and/or tired.......and I have to loosen up + concentrate more.
    So what golf miss makes you nutz ?

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not played as frequently the last couple years as I used to but will still make it out a several times throughout the year. I'm playing tomorrow for the first time in months.

I began playing when I was in sixth grade and to this day I still have a terrible slice on the tee box. I've never done professional lessons or any swing analyzations because I don't play enough to spend the money to do that.

So what I do to combat the slice is I will pretty much aim to the left of the fairway (I'm right handed) at a 45deg angle and let my slice work for me. I have decent distance (220-250) consistently but that damn slice is there every time. I'm sure it's from opening my hips up and my front shoulder flying open (used to have this problem in baseball) but when I try to keep my frontside closed it's terribly uncomfortable.

I'm making an effort to play more frequently and will toy around with different swings on the range to see if I can correct it a bit.

The club I hit the absolute best is the four iron. I will forego fairway woods in favor of the four iron every single time.

3. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either a short should-make putt for money or a fat lob wedge approach.

4. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking the clubs out of storage.

5. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beat me to it.
    I was going to say, "getting out of the car."

6. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to hit that butter fade.

then someone in the group says, “but your fade looks like a double cross snap hook”:grrr:

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chili dipping an easy chip. Absolutely infuriates me. Because it is such an easy shot and to blow it is inexcusable.

8. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Making the dumb low percentage play!

You know. when you slice or hook your tee shot into the trees and believe that you can thread that 10 yard wide gap between the trees right in front of you and hit the green. Inevitably, you end up hitting a tree and ending up in worse shape than you started, when you could have just punched out and had a nice clear approach shot to the green.

Making the safe play and FUBARing it!

This is the time when you hit a nice drive on a par 5 and you're about 220 to 250 out, but the green is surrounded by bunkers or water and you decide to make the smart play and hit your 7-iron to leave an easy pitch to the green. What do you do? You slice or hook your 7-iron into the water hazard and are pissed at yourself for not going for it!:grrr: Which of course leads to you making the dumb low percentage play the next time.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    My Longest Trip Ever
  9. four to a royal

four to a royal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing worse than a three putt.
    Except a four putt.

10. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving a birdie putt short, especially when it has a good line.

11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played a great course today. The first few holes were brutal and I picked up on a hole. I don't think I've ever picked up since the first few times I played on a real golf course. I just couldn't hit a bunker shot. Just went from back and forth over the green bunker to bunker. On the back 9 I smashed a drive and on my approach shot made one of those great swings you only usually dream about. Just pured an 8-iron to 2 feet. I missed the putt. But that isn't what makes me the most mad. It's is being 40 yards from the green and hitting the fat wedge because I swing with my arms and no lower body. I just hate chunking a wedge.

12. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of the above and my personal screw-up that gets to me is babbying a short put ,worrying about it going too far past instead of rolling it firmly at the back of the cup. Seeing it slow and roll off line at the last second or stop 2 inches short.

13. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to hit a really long second shot and having it go 5 yards. Sometimes on long par 5s I feel like I'd be better off going down the fairway with my 5 iron (and leave the 3W and 5W in the car).

14. jwkick

jwkick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    playing great for a number of holes making pars or being 1or 2 over after 8 to 9 holes then making the dreaded " other" double or triples and killing my score

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shanked pitch.

16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate how I can screw with my own head and talk myself right into a water hazard.

17. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of us would be better hitting a lay up and keeping it in play. And most rec players are better off hitting a full wedge or whatever than trying to feather something 47 yards.

Ever notice how the one shot you never miss playing is that no-target, not-trying-to reach lay up on a par 5?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.