1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best day and times to book air this summer from a travel agent friend

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine who's a travel agent said the best time to book this summer is on a Tuesday, 6A -12P. As usual good luck. Comments are welcome mainly because this person is usually quite right.

2. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice thanks for the info will keep an eye on airfare did they give any date ranges for airfare.

3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dvandentop, once you keep looking at airfares between a certain city pairing, you will notice if it's a good deal or not when you find a lower than normal fare. For me flights between Seattle-Las Vegas is good when it's $200-250 per person in Economy and $500-600 in First Class.

4. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad that $250 qualifies as a good deal out of Seatac now...

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, it doesnt. $200 to $250 is about average coach, definately not a GOOD deal. There was a sale last week for $198. I found last minute sales for last weekend for $184. And as far as day and time of week best to book, that has pretty much been proven to be a myth these days.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I buy most of my tickets 1 month to 1 week out, so $200-250 is a good deal for me. It's been a while since I've seen <$200 fares in general out of SEA-LAS, but maybe it's because I only fly AS on this route.

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out LMTCLUB or Cheapoair. They sell Alaska tickets, last minute, for a substantial discount. Example, last weekend on Alaska website, and everywhere else, it was around $250 each way. On LMT club, add a hotel for 1 night only, and it was $184 round trip. It was this way right up to the same day departure. There are several aggregators that do this, some without adding the hotel.

8. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. Does one have to stay at the hotel so the return flights aren't cancelled?

9. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. I have never checked into the hotel. That way you don't get stuck with the resort fee either. Funny though, I was going to grab another trip leaving tomorrow or Sunday, and there are not any good deals this weekend that I can find. Last weekend there were lots available, leaving on Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. I guess you just never know.

10. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a quick check again, and flights leaving today (Sat) and returning Tues, with 1 night hotel on Alaska on LMTclub are running $216.00 R/T. Exact same flights on Alaskaair.com are $520. It really is a great option for people who have to travel last minute.

11. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good news since my flights are always booked last minute to LAS. Much appreciated!

12. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had luck with the theory of "You find the best airfares between such and such time on such and such day." I have however had quite a bit of success with getting my air booked a certain amount of time before travel. I think the theory there is 54 or 56 days something like that. Mine has typically been 3 weeks to a month out if there's no big event going on that could make fares increase. I don't go completely by that either though. I go ahead and book as soon as I see a price I like.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.