1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is it Normal?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by alana86, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To not feel almost anything when it's "tomorrow!"

I have been waiting for this for over 3 months (longer than that, over a year but we booked 3 months ago) and today I don't feel much of anything. I do have a big work day of finishing up loose ends today so I think that as soon as I walk out of there (or towards the afternoon) I will be getting super pumped but it's strange...I have been SUPER PUMPED for weeks lol and on this board almost every day. Maybe it doesn't feel real? VEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

2. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes we build things up so much it's tough to keep the enthusiasm when the trip is actually imminent. Once or twice I've felt this way but once the plane lands and I'm walking through McCarran with all the Vegasy ads and the slots (even though I don't really play slots much), I'm pumped. Have a great trip!

3. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're right :) Thanks!!!

4. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I am in can't wait mode right now. It's such a strange thing. I never have understood how risking money on a daily basis is more relaxing than daily life. For me that is definitely true though.

5. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get it either. But then again it isn't true for me. I get incredibly stressed out when I gamble - I hate the idea of potentially losing money but not getting anything back.

I have definitely felt that way before. but at least some of the excitement will come when you're there.

6. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A strong ability to live in denial is beneficial. You just have to convince yourself that you are investing. No different than the stock market. :confused2:

7. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never sleep well on the eve of a Vegas travel day. Explains why I'm dragging ass today. Headed to the airport in a few hours.

8. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I either mentally check out of work the day before if the workload permits or im so busy I dont have time to get worked up. Sounds like the latter for you with this trip.

9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell, I have to STAY that way because Vegas is so frequent for me, I'd just LIVE in a Vegas-daze...

10. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been like this too. My DW will say are you excited? I'll be excited when we land @ McCarran, we have had to cancel too many trips for me to get too excited until we actually land in Vegas.

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get excited up to the day but then mentally go into safety mode as I am always concerned something is going to go wrong like flat tire on the way to the airport, plane cancelled.....
    This is the main reason for doing nonstop to Vegas.
    Once in the air I get a bit excited, but once I start seeing the Grand Canyon it really starts to hit.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.