1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booked it !!! How'ed I Do ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mike mc, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally after months of planning finally hit the submit button on airfare and hotels,and able to fill my countdown timer :banana:

Was able to snag a flight Via Southwest from Manchester NH, for $136pp on 8/31 with a 30 min layover in MDW so 7hr:15 in travel, Returning SW to Boston on 9/5 for $139pp with one of those land but dont change planes for 6hr:15 travel time (I like this set up I did this once before cuz after they get a head count after landing you change your seats if you want) JetBlue was over $230 :thumbsdown:

Got 5 nights at Aria 4 bonus and one comp Via My Vegas :drunk: Still have over 500k in LP for one reward left not sure what to spend it on (used up all the wife's) and American Exp is covering $400 of the airfare :nworthy:
    Now I have all summer to pad my bankroll. NFL opens up 9/4 :evillaugh

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would take a SWA flight from St. Louis for $275 round-trip, so I think you did pretty well.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. jmwilson81

jmwilson81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have a trip planned around that time. Everyone says wait until two months out to book but I have been checking everyday for almost two months and even the flights two months out from the day I checked were almost always about the same. We booked non-stop roundtrip out of Memphis for $341.50 each with Delta. I felt comfortable with that price and I'm afraid of prices going up over the summer. I think you did fine.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say you found perfect dates. Everything I have looked at from MHT has been outrageous. That is our favorite airport but the past few years we have done BDL for lower rates and the fact that they got rid of the nonstop from MHT. We have another trip coming up in June and right now the cheapest for our dates is BDL for $517...it is getting ridiculous from the northeast :( Our trip this coming week we booked at $378 rt and I thought that was high...nope prices on that trip rose and rose. Every time I look at MHT they have been higher than BDL...you lucked out...take it run like hell and enjoy it!

5. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The great thing is to check everyday (just hit Recent Searches) and if prices drop, you get the credit.

I'm at $286 from BWI (Baltimore) roundtrip nonstop arriving at 10am and leaving at 1pm, also nonstop. 5 1/2hr and 4 1/2hr travel time. Flights are at the end of May to June.

I've been working my Amex points up since I was 18....still never used them. It was my first credit card (technically, charge card).

6. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we are also arriving on the 8/31... 1st NFL WEEK...YEAHHHHHH!
    we fly in from florida. flights were about 17.000points (roundtrip; booked it after they released the september flights). we have a SW companion pass so only one is "paying".
    have you already booked the rooms with MyVegas vouchers? i thought they are only good for 90 days....

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice job on those airfares.

I like to take the JetBlue morning non-stop out of BOS when it's reasonable, but you really have to check every single day to have a shot at getting it for less than $230 now.

Taking a one-stop isn't bad in the summer when you don't have to worry as much about weather, plus it breaks up the monotony a little to have two 3 hr flights instead of 5 1/2 hrs.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MHT prices definitely have stayed up since last winter. SW does have a single non-stop from/to MHT on Saturdays this summer, which has been reasonably priced around $230 (if you include the 2 free bags).

I like MHT because it's so small, and everything's faster, but now that the fares out of there have risen, the cost of parking in the garage at $17 a day for two weeks outweighs the benefits.

9. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah Football first game 9/4, :drunk: My Aria Bonus comps were taken no problem, you can buy them now , you just need to reedeem them before 90 days, I has to use wife and mine alternately because they would not let you do back to back on same name or comp. I wanted to lock them in incase they go off the calander

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.