1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is a good Magic Show or Illusionist to see in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dylanfann, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone suggest a really good magic/illusionist show to see while in Vegas?

2. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Lance Burton and thought he was great! Very professional, and yet inviting to the crowd. :thumbsup:

We always wanted to see David Copperfield, but after discovering how he treats his staff, and undercuts their pay, while he is worth 500M........

Just a disgusting heartless animal prowling the earth for whatever he can get out if it. :thumbsdown:

3. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Burton was so-so; he had Jeff Civillico perform in the middle of the show, and I thought Cevillico was better. Not surprised Civillico got his own show.

If you're looking for a magic/comedy type show, both Mac King (Harrah's) and Mike Hammer (Four Queens) are pretty good, and cheap.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lance Burton closed a couple years ago. Blue Man Group is in his theatre now.

Copperfield is a tool, a real sleaze. Look at all the legal action against him. His illusions are OK but you sit in a bare theatre, no decorations and it's pretty easy to figure out his tricks. I don't like "magicians" who dance around boxes: (illusionists)

A very entertaining G rated magician is Mac King, at Harrahs, during the afternoon. He has over twenty separate loads in his plaid coat, is very skilled and funny.

Search for Jeff McBride's Wonderland. It's only once a month, held at a restaurant and is different every time.

Also consider Penn & Teller. Some magic, some mentalism, some soap box but always done with high skill and professionalism. As a lifelong magician... Yes, the bullets do cross the stage and they each do catch them in their mouths. Beyond that, enjoy the show!

I'd have to rate everyone else currently performing as B or C skilled, my level.

5. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mac King is AWESOME, during the afternoon, and you can get vouchers for free tickets with the purchase of a drink ($15 in total) for free at the Harrah's Total Rewards Desk.

A bit of comedy (PG rated, but slips some adult humor in there that goes over the kids' heads), quality magic tricks, and you can tell he loves what he's doing. I'd definitely go back!!

7. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know if he is still doing a LV show but there was a younger magician ( I saw in AC,NJ originally) Michael Turco. He did a good job I think last time I noticed he was performing at the theater that had Vegas the Show in the Miracle Mile.

Just please save your money and stay away from the Cris Angel show. Unless it was redone it was a major let down. I always loved his show Mind Freak. There was nothing even close.

Lastly I saw David Cooperfield way back when ( again in AC)
    his show was amazing but didn't know he was so ugh....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.