1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Who's Had a Cabana - tell us about it!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever get the cabana?

Did you feel like it was worth while?

What did you like about it?

What did you not like?

I'm considering getting one at the Flamingo - just me and my brother - anyone had a cabana there?

Anything else I should know?

2. WedinVegas

WedinVegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cabanas

Hi, first post!

My friends and I get a cabana whenever we are in Vegas. The first time was out of necessity, as the pool complex at MGM was packed and it was impossible to find loungers together. Well, that ruined us, because now there is no other way to spend a day at the pool! ;)

We have rented cabanas at MGM, Bellagio, Monte Carlo, Aria, NYNY, and Caesars Palace. To us, it is well worth the money as it's nice to have a place to put your belongings, not have to fight the crowds, have a place to step out of the sun, and a place to eat. Mind you, even if it's not crowded we'll get a cabana, just because it's so enjoyable. It's one of the first things we plan, as soon as our trip is booked. I can't think of anything we don't like about the cabanas. Five more days til our next cabana day! :woohoo:

Hope this helps!

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.
    Definitely.
    The shade and the quick drink service. :beer:
    The shade and the quick drink service. :drunk:
    And yes at Flamingo. I'm not sure of the total cost of it, but it was a good time.

4. imamelfan1

imamelfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, totally worth it especially if you have a group to share the costs. Priority service, shade, and always a place to hang.

5. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worth it if your going to be out there for the whole time.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried to find more info on the Flamingo cabanas - such as what they actually look like, if they are spread out - and if so which area to ask for, and what the interior is like.

Any info?

I received an e-mail that tell me:

• Assorted fresh fruit, cheese and cracker platter
    • Plasma Television
    • 2 poolside chaise lounge chairs
    • Ceiling fan
    • Mini refrigerator
    • Bottled waters
    • Personalized Cocktail & Cabana Host service
    • Safe lock box

I imagine those 2 chairs are somehow 'reserved'...am I correct?

Also anybody have a price on a daybed at Flamingo?

Are the cabanas too far removed from the pool? (I remember that the day beds are right bu the pool)

As I look at YouTube videos there also seems to be something that isn't quite a daybed...but yet not a cabana. It's like a daybed with 4 pillars and some material that looks like you could close off the side of it - anyone know what I am talking about?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect!! No other way to spend a good amount of time at the pool. :thumbsup:

8. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was comped a Cabana once at the Mirage. It was an ok experience but I'm not a big pool person. We only spent a couple hours because of the heat (even with the benefits of the cabana). Service was good and we had a good location. We didn't have to worry about fighting for lounge chairs.

9. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cabanas are great. My hang up with Flamingo specifically is you are renting the cabana plus everything else listed for x $.

You then are starting a new tab for the food and beverages for the rest of the day.

All of the other pools charge you x $ and that is the amount you have to spend on food and beverages plus the cabana. So you are paying for both the cabana and tab at the same time.

If you don't plan on doing much partying and all it could be a good deal. If it is a group and they like to party, financially you may be able to do better elsewhere.

To give you 2 examples, we did MGM last July and got a cabana for $400 which gave us the cabana and $400 in food and beverage to buy throughout the day.

Monte Carlo las July on the same trip we got the Luxury cabana for $450 which was for the cabana and $450 to spend on food and beverage.

Hope this helps.

10. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, MGM & MC are the only two strip resorts I know of that include food & beverage up to the cost of the cabana. I have had cabanas at MGM and Mandalay Bay. If you plan to spend a large part of the day at the pool and are with a group of people, they are AWESOME!

I have a cabana for my May trip at MGM. Friday and Saturday... $600 per day. We have 7 people and will spend all day there. Although that sounds expensive, when you consider we can split it between 7 people and it includes enough F&B credit for all day drinking and eating, it is actually a good deal. (disclosure: it is comped for me - but I would pay for it even if it wasn't)

11. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been at cabana at Flamingo

If you plan on being at a pool from 9 AM until 5 PM from late April through September, you will want a cabana.

Cabanas are worth it at any pool. Cabanas are very relaxing. You are guaranteed space. The ********* will leave you alone.

The Flamingo cabana I was at there was multiple access ways to it, so the ********* could sort of try to impede on your space.

The drawback a the Flamingo, the pool system does not keep up with keeping the pool clean, and Flamingo did not enforce yelling at drunken idiots entering pool and of course, spilling their red/orange/blue/green drink in the pool.

I wrote about it one of my trip reports where I came up with my rules of going to a Topless Pool.

Would I do it again? Of course.

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That might be ok as it would only be my brother and 1 - so we probably wouldn't spend $400 on food or drinks.

That is one reason that I am considering the Flamingo pool (cheap cabana and party pool) - even though I am staying at that hotel and could use the pool for free.

This will probably be the last Vegas trip for a long while (I'm low 30's so still lots more time in future years, so probably not last trip ever...but for many years!)

13. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the cabana set too far back from the pool?

I'm just going with my brother so we still want to feel like we are part of the party that happening? I don't want to feel too far removed as if I am a spectator rather than a participant of the fun in the sun.

We will be going in July....so we know it's gonna be warm.

14. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fl

If you want to be part of the party, you want to make sure you have one of the poolside Cabana's at Flamingo. We had one in the second tier, and it was perfect for our group, as we wanted to be more spectators than participants and it kept the ********* out of our space.

As far as price, they are TOTALLY worth it. We spent the entire day there and had a fantastic time. Our tab was huge, but as stated before, the Cabana's themselves are a better deal. Have fun!

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the poolside cabana's the ones that look more like day beds and have 4 pillars around them with some type of mesh fabric?

Those don't look like they have the same amenities listed for cabanas...anyone know?

16. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just logged onto the board to ask a question about Aria's & Bellagio's cabanas when I saw your post. This is one I have a great deal of information on. My suggestion is not to lock in on the Flamingo. The pool is top 1/3 on the strip, but there are nicer amenities at others. I've had cabanas at Paris, TI, Monte Carlo, Mirage, NYNY and Mandalay Bay. Here are my thoughts

Best Pool / Cabana Combos

1) Mandalay Bay - They run like $375 on the weekdays, and while the cabanas aren't the best on the strip floating around the lazy river & hanging out in the wave pool make up the difference.

2) Paris - They cabanas & villas (indoor area that i air conditioned) are nice and less than $225 a day. Drinks are on par w/ the rest and pool, while small, is also enjoyable. Some times they include bottle service as part of the price of the cabana. They did that in 2012 for around $300 a day.

3) Mirage - To me they are the best cabanas. The pool is incredible, and gets very crowded. The con though (and the reason I don't rate it higher) is that you have to prepay when you book ($400+ a day) and it's nonrefundable.

Cabana's are well worth the money though, and will be a fun day for you and your group.

17. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a daybed at the Golden Nugget. It was a weekday, was only $100 for me and my girl. Worth it because you are placed at the small side pool away from the kids. They advertised free sun screen and water but we did not see or were offered any. And we got there early, they do not serve coffee at the pool.

Question about the above post regarding the $400 to spend on food/beverage: Explain how that works, not sure im following that!

18. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I got a cabana at the Mandarin last July. At the time they had a locals discount but I can't remember how much we paid. I'm thinking around 300 after discount. Whatever it was, that was the amount we had to spend on F&B. Pool was not busy (weekday), service and food were excellent. Cabana was very nice with fridge, tv, playstation, lotion, safe, wi-fi.

19. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I remember, which was two years ago, there were cabana's down by the pool, but not day beds. Things may have changed since then and maybe they switched the first tier of cabanas and put in day beds. No, the day beds don't have the same amenities. The Cabanas rock. If there aren't another set of cabana's in front of them, they may be more a part of the party then they were before. Best to just call Flamingo directly and ask. When I did at the time, they provided us a map. Have fun!

20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.