1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How many can you fit in a cab?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by StephGrahamKC, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read that state law allows 5 passengers but that not all cabs can accommodate that. I know I have ridden in vans before, but cannot recall how many they hold. Can I get a cab for 5 passengers (not including driver)? It will be just people, not luggage or anything.

2. Boxercar12

Boxercar12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 5... but if you have that many you could also call a limo. Be a tiny bit more expensive, but a lot more fun (and you can schedule an exact time).

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup pretty sure 5 is the limit. Ive been in a mini van with 5 of us, 6 including driver.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the legal limit is 5 passengers to a vehicle and no, not all cabs can handle that many (some of the smaller cars will have a hard time with 3 passengers).

If you are somewhere that has a taxi queue (at a hotel, at the airport) and need a cab for five passengers just tell the attendant and they will wave up a taxi to accommodate you or at the airport put you in a spot where the next van or SUV will pull in.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're going to need a van for 5. I've had lots of cabs say no more than 4.

6. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done 5 twice in a car......it's tight and someone has to sit up front with the driver. But if you can wait for a SUV or van you're better off.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.