1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any reason not to go during Labor Day?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LV_Bound, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recently returned from Vegas and already planning our next trip.

This past trip contained President's Day holiday but that isn't really a significant holiday.

Labor Day seems to be one of those more significant holidays where people attempt to get in one last wild weekend at the end of summer. Is this an abundantly crowded time to go?

Is Labor Day weekend a bad time to go or its Vegas and there never really is a bad time to go. :peace:

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there several times over Labor Day. I didn't think it was that crowded. It's a great time to go.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "It's Vegas and there's never a bad time to go!" I've gone in on the Sunday before Labor Day a couple times and thought it's a great time to visit... still HOT... good crowd, but not really insane was my experience.

4. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone many times during Labor Day week but we usually arrive the Sunday before Labor Day and stay until Friday. Weekends are always crowded in Vegas but I don't find any issues with it.

The only time I do not like being in Vegas is New Year's Eve and that's because they lock down the hotels so you can't walk freely from hotel to hotel unless you are scheduled to attend an event at that hotel.

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll probably still encounter the typical 3 day weekend crowd, but at least the kiddies are back in school so that pretty much eliminates the family bonding Vegas style weekend.

6. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple times, when Labor Day was early in the month, like the 1st or the 2nd, we would go to Vegas on the Wed. or Thurs. before, to celebrate my late August b-day. However, it was always "HOT" and very crowded.

We soon changed from that schedule, and for the last few years, we book our trip in mid-September ... slightly cooler, and definitely less crowded.

7. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Labor Day weekend is often hot (i.e. can be in the 100s during the day). Other than that, I think it's a nice time to be in Vegas. And if you are a pool person, then the weather will likely be ideal for you.

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree - never a bad time to go to LV!!! Labor day is usually very hot but great for pool time and haven't noticed that the crowds are too much. Have a great time!!!

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, just expensive!

I did go the week before last year, and there was horrible, scary thunder storms.. the weather might be kinda sketchy if you were thinking about major pool time.

I've never found Vegas too busy. I've been probably every single month of the year and for every major holiday (minus New Years). It's never been too bad, or so many people that it wasn't any fun.

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the feedback.

Guess who is going to Vegas Labor Day weekend. :beer:

Not at all concerned about the heat as our first few trips were usually end of July early Aug and it really wasn't bad at all.

11. fsu60517

fsu60517 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SLS (aka Sahara) grand opening weekend. Shouldn't have an overall effect on crowds, but might be interesting to check out.

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    didnt seem busy when i was there at all last labor day. nothing more then usual weekend busyness.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, looks like an opportunity to get some freebies maybe???

14. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

No.
    I've gone every Labor Day weekend for 20 years.
    Turbulence can be a bit unnerving because of the hot desert
    floor.
    I'VE HAD SOME DROPS + SEVERE rattling in the airplane.:eek:

15. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found the opposite to be true. I was comped at all the hotels on CET for the weekdays after labor day and the weekend rates for the holiday were good too. We booked Ceasars Palace which we have never stayed at for around $360 for Saturday before labor day through the next Saturday.

I have been a student for the past 6 years and this year will be the first time I don't have class that week. Looking forward to it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.