1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MKE > LAS Direct

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TomTWI, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Milwaukee really needs another airline with direct flights to Vegas. We have some friends that want to come out to visit us next month so I've been trying to find good airline prices for them.

I'm fine with Southwest but they need some competition. Prices just don't seem to be coming down. On top of that every flight seems to be packed lately. Every other airline out of MKE has a connecting or layover making a 4hour flight 8+ and the saving are minimal.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

TomTWI

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They ran the competition out of town. Cheaper fares and no bag fees, plus non-stops to many locations. Now they can charge whatever they want.

How sad is it to walk by the 30 or so Frontier desks at Mitchell and see the lights turned off on all them at 8 AM.

We are SWA fans and I'm sorry to see the rise in fares, but it seems to be the trend. I was shopping for a warm spot to go mid March. Everywhere they fly non-stop, is $1,000+ for 2 people.

I'm shopping for a Seattle flight end of July and that is $1,100 for a non-stop for 2 people.

3. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember this airlines out of MKE, I always liked them....

[​IMG]

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My boss when I worked at Avis in KC flew Midwest once, and came running back in looking for a tie. They had a dress code, I actually liked that idea. If you talk to a lot of older people they will tell you of the days when people dressed up JUST to fly. It was swanky back in the day and it made them feel rich and important. I like that.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved Midwest.:thumbsup:
    Two across leather seating; silverware (before 9/11); champagne on the morning flights. But, we are all like cattle now. Get on the damn plane!

I suppose some of you can still fly first class, but not on SWA.

Someday, I am going to fly first class somewhere, on a 10+ hour flight. I have to wait for the dogie's demise, because when I fly that long, it is not going to be for 4 nights and I don't want to kennel her for more than 5 nights.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Midwest was the best. Omelets for breakfast, shrimp and/or steak for dinner, served on real plates. Unlimited champagne or wine. And the fresh chocolate chip cookies they baked during the flight. Man that was great.

On SW I paid the exact same fare last April and last October and when I booked my May flight in January it was also exactly the same. But then it actually went down. First the outbound and then inbound. Saved about $80 a ticket and now have a nice credit for my next flight (has to be used within a year of when you did your original booking).

7. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I have found with SW, at least out of IND, you haaaaave to check it daily and sometimes numerous times a day. I started check ing back in late Sep for our flight in March I believe. Nothing seemed to move until right around Halloween. I found RT's for about 320 each. We went ahead and booked those but I kept watching and just about a month or so ago I saw our return flight drop $50 each to like $116, so actually we did pretty good imho. Plus we got $50 in credit for next years trip for each of us!

8. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    be careful------all non-stop flites are direct------not all direct flites are non-stop

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When booking with SWA, they have a feature that allows you to only view non-stop flights.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuesday is the day they usually change their fares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.