1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

finally, a 100-degree differential day

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by chef, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I never thought it possible, but I will be basking in 70-degree temps in Vegas while the place I left the day before (northern Illinois) will have -30 wind chill temps.
    At least, that what the forecasts are telling me. That changeover from Sunday temps at home to Vegas on Monday sounds too good to be true. I think my previosu record for temp differential was only 60-70 degrees.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That big of change in temps and I know my sinuses or body won't reach too well. Load up on all the cold preventatives and have a blast :thumbsup:

3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gotta tell ya chef, that's something I've never given any thought to - until now :)

You got me beat!

4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that kind of differential is the reason i don't want to go away in the winter. It is too hard on the body and it would be super depressing coming home to the snow & freezing cold.

At least when we go in april it will be hot, but not super cold at home with snow on the ground.

6. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back when I was 18, I hopped on a plane out of Orange County (home) to visit some family in Boston. Got on the plane in shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and flip flops. When I got off people were looking at me like i was crazy as I made my way through the terminal. I guess they weren't used to seeing my ensemble in 25 degree weather.

7. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea I hate when that happens. Its the opposite for us coming from Hawaii. Its much colder when arriving in Vegas during the winter. When going to vegas for New Years a couple years ago we arrived in vegas and it started to snow on the strip! What a welcoming since we left 70+ degree weather in Hawaii. Always have to plan what to wear going to a 30 to 40 degree colder destination. Usually at least a carry on hood style sweat jacket.

Going to Vegas during summer is not a problem though.

8. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My January trip went from shoveling snow in 50 below wind chill to playing golf in Phoenix 80 degrees one week later.

Yep it is depressing going back!

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from Florida and I hate wearing long pants. Typical winter attire for me no matter where I'm visiting - Cargo Shorts, a Long Sleeve Shirt and a Jacket.
    Even if it's snowing out but I'll never wear Flip Flops! Yeah I sometimes get looks especially when wearing Plaid but who cares? It's all about comfort!

10. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to have some cargo pants that the bottoms unzipped to make them into shorts. They were perfect for travelling to and from big temperature changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.