1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from NJ!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by lithium78, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've posted a few times on here over the past week, so it's time I formally introduced myself.

I live in NJ, so I'm close to Atlantic City, but my favorite vacation spot is Vegas -- hands down. I love the freedom of Nevada and the great gambling odds as well as the vastly superior shows and other entertainment options. I really enjoy spending time in the desert. I think it's really beautiful out there. I've been to Vegas three times so far and my wife and I will be returning for another visit in July.

I play a lot of slots, but I also enjoy Let It Ride and Blackjack. I mostly play CET properties, since they are prominent in AC, but we also enjoy MGM properties like the Bellagio and the Aria.

My wife and I are huge Cirque du Soleil fanatics. She's seen every Cirque show in Vegas except for Criss Angel Believe and the new Michael Jackson show. I've seen O, Beatles Love, and Zarkana, so far and we're planning to catch Ka this upcoming summer. We also loved La Reve at the Wynn when we saw it last July. (I was really disappointed to miss the Viva Elvis show, because I'm a huge Elvis fan, but from what I hear the show was not Cirque's best effort).

While NJ is a great place to live right now, we plan to eventually retire to Nevada when the time comes. Compared to where we live now, the cost of living is much more reasonable, plus we'd have lots of fun things to do as we live out our golden years.

2. MatthewJames

MatthewJames Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome aboard - interested to hear what you think of Ka this summer!

3. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    welcome!!! I am from long island!!! love Vegas!!! Super Bowl XLVIII!!!!!

4. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome from Minnesota!!

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome.
    I was from NJ but got smart and moved out. :wink2:

We watch some House Hunters and Vegas seems to have some very reasonable housing prices. Selling in NJ and moving to Vegas should leave you with a nice size retirement fund or gambling fund. :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.