1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Burlesque Shows

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Debo, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm headed to Vegas Jan 25-28th with my wife and she REALLY wants to go to a burlesque show. We've never been. I started looking up the regular shows I've always heard about, but they've all closed in the last year I guess. We are going to Absinthe which has a bit of burlesque to it, but it's not a real burlesque show. Any ideas or experiences you could share?

Thanks!

2. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubs and I saw X Burlesque At the Flamingo in Sept, it was our first burlesque show and I loved it...so did he, obvi. I have nothing to compare it to, but It was really good. plus we slipped the usher a $20 and we got some great seats in the front aisle it was great.

3. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on X Burlesque. Hubby and I have seen it a few times and really enjoy it. It's in a very small theater so you can be very close, but you are packed in a bit like sardines. It can also be very loud, but the women are beautiful and talented. They have a new version of the show at Rio now, X Rocks, which is similar, but with all rock music. Haven't seen that one yet.

4. super24jc

super24jc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest Jubilee at Bally's for an old style adult show. My wife and I both enjoyed it. We also saw X-Burlesque, it was a good show also but felt like a cross between a Burlesque show and a Strip club.

5. Debo

Debo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions. We were leaning towards X Burlesque already, but the yelp reviews were pretty mediocre. Glad you guys liked it though. Jubilee is a little tamer than we were hoping for.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jubilee is more song and dance broadway show .i loved it so did my parents

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jubilee is closing and being redone, none too soon IMO. A once classic show got stale and was playing to small crowds. But YMMV.

We saw X Burlesque in October. I'd say it was good, not great. As said above, very small room, no need to pay for "VIP" seats. I enjoyed the two girls in a bathtub routine. The others were ok.

We saw Donnie and Marie the same evening so we went from wholesome to dirty in an hour :)

8. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantasy

Fantasy is better than X Burlusque IMHO

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantasy for sure

Xburlesque at the flamingo was a huge letdown

10. Debo

Debo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses. Seems like its 50/50 for X Burlesque and Fantasy.

11. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always see both!

12. Debo

Debo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We may have a winner....Crapsguy with the most practical solution!

13. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd put Fantasy a little ahead of X only because the room it's in is very nice.

To me the best one was Peepshow, but it's long gone...

Jubilee was old and tired, but the revamp could make it pretty good. I'm guessing it will still be "classy" instead of "raunchy" and that brings me to...

Absinthe, it's not a 100% Burlesque show, but it has many, actually sexy moments in it (the "sex" in most of the other Vegas shows is pretty tame). You also get some serious raunch and an amazingly dirty sock puppet show. There are a bunch of good looking, highly athletic body types contorting all over the place and in between the amazing physical feats a girl will tap dance topless in a balloon and a total sexpot will sing about being high on Absinthe.

I hope this helps.

14. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Burlesque vs. Production Shows

Before going to any of the the above listed, check out the Burlesque Hall of Fame downtown, near the El Cortez. Check their website for hours and other information.

http://www.burlesquehall.com/

15. Debo

Debo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool Booker! Love the classic burlesque. I did find www.liveburlesqueinlasvegas.com which looks like the real deal, true burlesque show! However, it's only in town once a month. They're show is the night we get in, but I think they're sold out already. Wish we could've figured it our earlier, but we'll still have lots of fun at the others.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.