1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do locals go to the comedy clubs on the strip?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by Todd_Royce_XXL, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd_Royce_XXL

Todd_Royce_XXL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious. I've often read that many of the locals avoid the strip, which I understand. But I have yet to find any off-strip comedy clubs. Not talking about comedy shows, per se. But actual clubs. On the strip you have Brad Garrett's @ MGM, Laugh Factory @ Trop, Riviera Comedy Club, Las Vegas Live @ PH, Improv @ Harrah's, and LA Comedy Club @ Bally's. Each club has a rotating roster of different comics each week, so just curious if anyone here ever braves the strip for a night at a comedy club?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im a local and love comedy and i try to avoid it the strip unless im enteraning people.
    i perfer healiners.

also traffic , driving , they try to push the drinks on you.theres so much to do each nite its hard to figure out what to do see

3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

The comedy clubs are something I enjoyed as a tourist and continued to enjoy as a local. We also see headliners when they pass through town. The Palms and Hard Rock (techinically off-strip) regularly host headliners.

I've also seen a show at Sapphire, they do comedy on Fri/Sat nights. There are some video poker bars that do open mic nights and comedy themed nights too. Shakespeares Pub & Grill in Henderson, and Bar 702 come to mind.

4. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    anyone seen amy schumer before, gonna miss her by a week in vegas dammit!

5. tookool1056

tookool1056 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw la com club; we did tina n tony wedding then got vip to club for $10 each

6. sxr007

sxr007 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a favorite comedy club? Should I try and catch a headliner if there is one while I am in town instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.