1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody ever catch Penn and Teller?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by lithium78, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my next trip to Sin City, I'm considering catching Penn and Teller's show at the Rio, because I used to enjoy the specials they did on TV when I was a kid. Has anybody seen their show? Is it worth the price of admission?

2. Ofthegirl78

Ofthegirl78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definately! My hubby dragged me to it a few years ago - he got a half off coupon somewhere. I wasn't hot to go but I had a great time. They out on an outstanding show!

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw them last April, great time, very entertaining.

4. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just saw them in November 2013. We were not impressed and we were big fans of their TV stuff also. They really seamed to be phoning in the performance. Several of the illusions did not go off correctly. They didn't seem to be into performing at all. Maybe it was just an off night, but it would have been a real let down if I had paid for the tickets.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought they were great. But it was several years ago when I saw the show, so I don’t know if the show has changed or if they aren’t putting the same energy into it as they once did.

Back when I went, they both waited outside the theater to chat and sign autographs. I thought that was pretty cool. Do they still do that?

6. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked tickets for this too. Looking forward to it. Got front row of the mezzanine, anyone know if it is a good view?

7. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i saw the show last september. had 2nd row seats.
    for my wife and i Penn & Teller is the most overrated show in vegas.
    and yes i saw ka and mystere.
    maybe we (late 30's) are not their potential target audience.

on the magic sector we enjoyed chris angel and jan roven way more.

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The show is dated and not edgy. It is a good show but not as good as we had expected.

9. bridaman

bridaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Show

We went during the Spring of 2012. My brother and I loved the show, but we are also fans of theirs. Very much worth it. Also Penn was playing in the band as you walk in, it is hard to tell but he is up their playing, if you look closely. Also they did sign autographs after the show and stayed a very long time. We waited until everyone left so we could get tons of pictures, and they very much obliged with Teller making goofy faces and everything. They were so cool and show was awesome. On our short list of shows to see again this year, if the Rio still had the Parade in the Sky we probably would be going.

10. bmw420

bmw420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    *** I thought it was the worst show ever. I had good seats in the middel and couldnt see the tricks.They told everyone that they can see the whole show on youtube... not worth 2 hrs of time and sure not worth $50 a ticket...

11. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travelzoo has a discount available for this show, so you may want to check it out before paying full price.

12. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We had free tickets and I'm glad we didn't have to pay to see them. I agree-one of the most over-rated shows in LV.

13. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a big fan of magic shows, but I like Penn and Tellers' TV show. This was the first and only Vegas show I actually paid to see and I enjoyed it. I liked their illusions and the rest of the show - would rate it 4 of 5 stars. We didn't stick around after the show, but they still accommodate each and every fan and unlike Britney, you do not have to shell out $2,500 for the privilege.

14. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Penn and Teller last year at the Rio and enjoyed the show, but I got free tickets. I also had a few free drinks before (not from the show) so maybe that's why I liked it :D

15. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya they did last year when I saw them. I was one of the first ones out of the theater running down the hall cause I had to piss so bad. Ran right past Penn, realized damn that was Penn and he's all by himself, turn back around met him, got my picture taken, then ran off again towards the bathroom.

16. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As magicians I thought they were just okay. Some of the tricks were so obvious. The tickets are easily found at a discount though, and for $30 or $40 you can't go wrong. Personally, I would see Mac King for the 5th time before I would see P&T for a second.

17. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to see them back in 2008, it was our first visit to Vegas so we were just going to see as much as possible, I thought it was a good show and the wife enjoyed it although she had never heard of them, we got cheap tickets through Tix4tonight.

18. BlueGlass

BlueGlass Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 50 years of going to Las Vegas it was the worst show we have ever seen.

19. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't want to go but my son purchased the tickets for us......it was VERY good IMHO. Now KA was a sleep feast and those tickets were also free.

20. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved them. A good show at a good price.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.