1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trying a Four Queens King Suite?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by JoeLansing, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeLansing

JoeLansing Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Golden Nugget my last 5? trips. I'm trying the Four Queens. On their web site they showed only a "Standard Deluxe" room. But I could go to like FunJet and pick other room types. From reading I knew I wanted a South Tower room.

So I called them. They guy says "I can't guarantee a room type or tower for standard rooms, but wait! You can get a King Suite which are only in the South Tower?". Well, it turns out that was a lot cheaper than Golden Nugget plain old Carson Tower rooms I stayed at the last 5 times. I got it. Is their King Suite actually big? It has 2 queen beds. Was like $89 Friday and Saturday, $49 for Sunday.
    I just got tired of a bare room with no fridge or coffee maker. Shame on GN for being so cheap..:)
    - Joe

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure I would want to shine a UV light in that room, especially the pleather couch!

4. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in those rooms a while back. Not bad but I agree on the UV light!

5. socalguy92010

socalguy92010 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Four Queens a few years ago during Vegas Bikefest. I don't think I've ever been in a shittier hotel in my life. That place is a total dump.

6. mnotc

mnotc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been in the petite suites a few times, and they are good sized and much nicer than the standards. I have not seen one with 2 beds, and previously inquired and told they did not exist. Any chance you will update upon return?

7. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked a room at the Queens for a week in January. Asked about a suite and was told the suites only have one bed.

8. JoeLansing

JoeLansing Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I won't be there until March 14th to see what I got. What I'm hoping for different than GN Carson Tower is rooms that aren't far away from the floor and Freemont, a refrigerator, and a coffee pot. We'll see what other areas it goes downhill in. Me and the wife went to see her relatives in NYC once. They told us they'd put us up in a hotel right on Times Square. I understood it to be the Hotel Cartier. I finally figured out it was the Hotel Carter. 5 out of 6 years it was on Tripadvisor's Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels list :) We survived there for a week. Four Queens can't be worse than that hole.
    - Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.