1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vdara: best room for group to watch superbowl?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by RedBeans04, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all.

Heading to LV for the week of Superbowl for a convention. Staying at the Vdara.

Wondering if the Executive Corner Suite or the Panoramic Suite would be better to host a Superbowl viewing party with some friends. I'm specifically talking about layout for having lots of people in the room.

Executive looks like a more open layout in the tv area, but the Panoramic looks like it might have a better kitchen?

We've stayed in the exec corner before and I do like that layout, plus it has two bathrooms.

Opinions?

2. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tough call. Both are great rooms, but I'd agree with you, RedBeans04, on the layout of the Executive. Great time to be in Vegas! Have fun!

3. Doubledown11

Doubledown11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in both. The executive suite does have a better layout to watch the game but it's still not that big of an area. The Panoramic has a slightly larger kitchen but you're probably not going to spend you're time there other than getting a refill.

If you have the cash or can split the difference with someone, I say get the hospitality suite.

4. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And...just to muddle things up a bit we'll have someone staying in the room with us for a couple nights.

While I think the Exec Corner would be better for the game viewing, the Panorama might be better for the guest because of the two entries into the bathroom. That way the guest doesn't have to walk through the bedroom to take a shower in the am. Of course, I do like the idea of two water closets in
    the exec.

The layout is better in the exec because really, the kitchen is wasted space. :confused2:

Decisions....decisions...decisions.

5. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just realized that the Vdara Suite also has two bathrooms as well. Looks like the same living room space as the exec corner maybe just a little bigger.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in the executive, there really wouldn't be room for more than 4 people to watch comfortably. Well, there's the couch and a chair, then I guess you could pull in the dining room chairs, but overall it's not that big of a space.

An option.. while not Vdara, is Trump, very similar, just different locations. The 1 bedroom corner suites there are larger, about 1100 sqft. They have a sectional, and a chair, along with the dining chairs. I think I'd be more comfortable in a party setting in that room versus Vdara's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cmHUEDvTVA

7. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not too terribly much room in either of those rooms for more than a handful of people...but both room types have the bedroom directly connected to the 'living room', so you can just open up both and have the game on both TV's.

Your best bet at that property starts with the 1 BR Penthouse and up. That room has a very wide open living room space where you could easily get a dozen people in the same space.

That will always be your lowest cost room of the upper echelon rooms.

Their 2 BR Penthouse is the best/favorite room I've ever stayed at in the LVC.

8. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the responses. While I wish the larger penthouses or hospitality suites were in the budget, sadly they are not.

I went with the Exec Corner because of the extra bathroom. Also, I think the layout lends itself to a larger group than the Panoramic. Hoping that people won't congregate in the bedroom as I don't want people eating and drinking on my bed. With the exec I can close that door and hope for the best and only open it if we need the extra bathroom.

Also the layout of the Exec Corner will allow people who are not watching the game to congregate in the section with the table in that area.

We'll all be there for a convention (who books a convention at this time??? :eek: ) and we've all piled in regular hotel rooms before to watch other football games so I think the exec corner will give us plenty of space.

Again, thanks for the responses.

9. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't have a response about Vdara, but I do share your question of who books conventions at this time. I also have to attend one actually on Super Bowl Sunday which may compromise my ability to even watch the game!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.