1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

At what point do personal comps start to dry up?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Sisyphus, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last few years I've been averaging three trips each year, mainly because I've been getting some great deals with Caesars' properties: i.e. 4-night trips for less than $100 total (airfare not included), sometimes even less than $75. I'm considering canceling my trip for December for various reasons, but I'm concerned that by only doing 2 trips this year my deals won't be nearly as good for any 2014 trips to Vegas. I've got the Total Rewards Visa, so I'm accumulating points on a regular basis, but I don't know whether that's good enough. Having stated that, has anyone noticed their comps being affected after not going to Vegas for a certain amount of time? If so, how much time had passed in between trips?

Thanks!

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two points:

- First, you are talking about going from 3 trips/year to 2 trips/year. That won't make your offers "dry up". Offers disappear if you haven't gone to Vegas at all for a few years

- Second, I don't think your credit card usage affects your offers.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reducing from 3 trips to 2 trips shouldn't have any effect as long as you play at your normal level on those two trips.

The first time I went to Vegas, I ran $20 through a slot at Flamingo while walking through and I had the same rates in my Availability Calendars until I stayed at a CET property for the first time 2 years later.

I think it would take them a long time to give up on you especially since you'd be having activity in your account via the credit card (what I mean by that is not that it means you get better offers, just that they know you're still around).

I haven't stayed at Palazzo in a couple of years and I still get the same offers and have one of those marketing guys emailing me all the time.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  4. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

ADT (Average Daily Theo) would remain the same if you did two trips or five, so long as you played the same amount on each trip.

ADT is based on your average play while on a trip, not how many trips you take.

That said, a once time player who racks up a decent ADT has limited history, so that may factor, but if you have a history, as long as your consistent, all remains the same

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to confirm this comment. I put a lot of charges on my TR Visa each month and it has zero impact on my offers.

I Need Spa
  6. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beginning of the month I had comps for vegas, now all of a sudden I have none... I have reduced rates now, and not even a free night at the freakin Quad.. idk what gives

7. LilyJDragonfly

LilyJDragonfly Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms booked out at CET properties - it happens to me here and there; if they can get a paying hotel customer, then they take it... or all the comped rooms that got offered out got snapped up!

This past October, I had a mailer for any three nights free and when I went to book, I could only score Friday night - had to pay a few bucks for Saturday night... of course, TR credits covered it, but still... shouldn't have waited to book!

8. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have jumped on it. It was for March actually... and Flamingo was free, was waiting for Paris, and not even Quad was showing free for then.. ugh.. we will see if it comes back..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.