1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier Airlines Question - upcoming trip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jpw711, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, here's the deal.

Wife and I are supposed to be going to LV on Monday on Frontier.

I'm going, period. Wife is having a few issues, pets and non life threatening health issues, and agrees that I'm going, period, but is thinking she is not going.

Tickets are non refundable, and with change fee to different date, better to eat the cost and worry about finding a cheap fare in the future.

So, my question is, if my wife decides not to go, will the check in agents at the airport get pissy that she didn't cancel her ticket and give me hassle? Or will they just hand me my boarding pass and say have a nice flight?

Since it's non refundable, I don't really think I owe them a chance to sell the seat to somebody else. (Besides that, one of the seats I booked the middle for me, instead of her).

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the gate, I don't think they will care.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree... at the gate, they don't care. Does Frontier do what SWA does though? In that the ticket is not refundable, but if you cancel, they'll allow you the credit (for her only) for a year?

4. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frontier has three different levels of tickets, if you buy on thier website.

The one I purchased (mid grade) includes two bags, one free cocktail, free soda, and allows a change of $75 + change in airfare (or a name change for $50).

They don't fly to my area Jan-Mar, December is out (rather go to Tunica), and running the numbers for flights in April, it will will cost as much to change it as the ticket costs. I'd rather gamble that I'll find a cheaper fare in those months than lock us in to another fixed date.

The irony is that I canceled our SW tickets (banked the funds) to purchase these tickets as they are from a closer airport with better flight times.

5. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may be wrong, but I think Frontier will allow your wife to use the value of the ticket against another ticket in the future, so long as she cancels before the flight. It would have to remain in her name, and would expire after a year, but I would cancel it a day or two before the flight. (They may charge a 'processing' fee of $25 or so when applying the credit, but that would be worth it).
    As for maintaining the middle seat for yourself? Won't work, since they can give that seat to a stand-by passenger once it's 15 minutes before departure. (Of course, if the flight is not full, you would have that benefit.)
    I would call them and ask if the how long the value of the ticket can be applied to a future flight for her & see what they say.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    change seats so you are NOT the middle one, but she is. That way, if they do not need it, you will have an empty seat next to you. They always try to put last minute seat assignments in aisle or window.

7. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stand corrected, Frontier DOES allow you to bank your ticket, as long as you do it the day before the flight. You have to pay a fee of $75 at the time of booking though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.