1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

GN's Private Arrangements-anyone still a member?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by ORANGECTYNY, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ORANGECTYNY

ORANGECTYNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I first started staying DT, one of my friends recommended that I join "private arrangements" at the GN. I know new membership is no longer available. But they still honor the existing members. I currently have 3 rooms "saved" up. I think it's 3 or 4 paid nights equal one free nights. PA rooms are sometime $10.00 more than the flyer rates that come --I get both flyers. The rooms available are in the Gold Tower.

Does anyone else still use PA?

2. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are still Private Arrangement members and continue to get their mailings each quarter. We haven't stayed there in several years however. We were not able to make it out there in 2012, but planning a trip this year in late December. Our last stay we did use PA to make our reservations and got a good deal with a room upgrade to what was then the north tower. This year we are staying at Red Rock with an unexpected offer of comped room. The past several trips we have been riding on my brother's time share account and staying at the Marriott Grand Chateau on Harmon just off the strip. Can't beat the rate under $400 for a full week in a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, laundry, dining room and living room. It's a program that allows members to purchase excess inventory during slow periods for bargain prices.

To answer your query, Private Arrangement still exists and is a viable means of reservation at Golden Nugget.

3. 442jay

442jay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been with PA since early 90's (poss. '89ish). Yes it seems they wish it would slowly go away. The mailer I get every quarter used to show how many points I have but now you need to call to find out. By now they would have had a website with login, etc., if they wanted it around. The rate is usually $10 higher than the best reg. email rate and you don't get the coupon book. Not sure if Jewel (i think is her name) still runs it, but she was never friendly tho. I had visited their offices a few floors up in the North (now Gold) tower. Nice small crew.
    I feel like when I call the PA number now that it actually just sends you to the front desk and they see you called in on the PA line. I'll bet PA itself and people don't even exist any more! Thoughts anyone?

4. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still a member, still have points. Haven't used them for the last couple of years. I am a Landry's Select Member, too. I use the LSM for booking and am waiting for that one time when room rates are too outrageous to use my PA points. With the way things are going, I am going to have those points for a long time, as I tend to go only when rates are reasonable.

5. 442jay

442jay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you find the rates are cheaper through LSM than PA? Or do you do it to get the free upgrade over earning/using PA points?

6. bu$hman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find there is no difference between rates regardless of using PA or LSM. I go for LSM so that I get the VIP checkin, mostly. I have only been fortunate enough ONCE to get the upgrade. I don't get the booklet, but there really isn't much in it. You are correct, I could be earning points on PA, but really, the rates are pretty low to begin with.

7. ORANGECTYNY

ORANGECTYNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually booked PA in Sept, and then paid extra for VIP Check in and the booklet. With the VIP check in, I also got a line pass for resturants and the buffet.

8. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't received any correspondence from Private Arrangement for probably close to ten years now....we've moved since then..I believe I had 2 free nights on the books...do they drop you after inactivity on the card? I haven't stayed at the GN in 10+ years now..

9. bu$hman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not received any true PA correspondence for a while. I do get their mailers (both email and post) but those are pretty much generic. I would suggest calling them and asking them. They should have you in the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.