1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Early check-in at MGM

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bsbaz, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is almost the opposite of weluvvegas's post...but I'm staying at MGM Grand for 2 nights starting on Saturday. We are going to be arriving early Saturday a.m. and in the past at both Luxor and Monte Carlo, I've never had an issue checking in beforenoon (even though the stated check-in time is 3pm). Does anybody have experience checking in early at MGM? If I try to go at 11am (the time I checked in at Luxor over Memorial Day weekend), will I get a room, or be sent away?

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have a room available, they'll give it to you, if not, they wont. I've checked into Luxor at 8 AM before (had a seminar, needed a place for the gf to hang out for a few hours). They didn't have any rooms available but made us dummy keys for her to use the pool/gym then they texted her the room number and the keys worked, no need to go back to registration. Room was ready by 10-11 AM.

3. OntheStrip

OntheStrip Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I recall correctly, our first visit to MGM was early and we were able to check in. There was an early check-in fee of $20. I believe the fee was waived though.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For years I have checked in early in Vegas and elsewhere. Hundreds of times. Even at 7am once after a redeye flight.

But... Vegas lately has been looking at this asa new source of revenue. Sometimes it is the rule, other times it is not.

And of course.... they have to have rooms available.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at MGM Grand in July, got there at about 10am. The clerk said there were rooms available and she could check me in right then, but that there might be something better available later if I didn't mind waiting (which I didn't). She opened up my folio so I could charge to the room, and I wound up getting a call that my room was ready at 2pm (spa suite, a pretty decent upgrade over the regular Grand King room I'd booked). No charges.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was told there was an early check-in fee until 1pm on a Sunday last month, so I cashed in my poker comps and ate lunch until the time showed up. As others have said though, it's possible that it could be waived; I just didn't want to take the risk on that.

7. voyager89

voyager89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be arriving next week on Wednesday by 1030 I will be at the airport so maybe I'll be around 11 1130 probably at MGM do you think I will have to pay anything to check in early? What does it depend on?

8. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, some really good info. I'll report back with on the ground experience once I return!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.