1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Double booking hotels

Discussion in 'Comps' started by NickyDim, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I just double booked the Orleans and Ballys for Dec 13th and 14th. We have tickets to Charlie Daniels at the Orleans and didn't want to have to make our way back to Bally's after the show so my wife took up an offer of 2 comp nights at the Orleans, so we can party and crash right in the same hotel as the show. I have 4 nights comped at Bally's.

We are landing at lunch time on Friday, we were gonna check in at the Orleans, then go and check in at Bally's (we have a car). Figured we play and stay at Bally's friday and friday night (before and after Ron White at Mirage), then head over to Orleans Sat morning since we have a room, so we can crash/freshen up/shower/drink, see the show sat nite, then check out and return to Bally's Sunday for the rest of the trip through Tues.

There shouldn't be any problems doing this right? Is a whole day's play at Orleans enough to justify a two night comp?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    who cares? you get what you want for this trip. let the chips fall where they may next time around.

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure but why not call them back and tell them you only need to use a 1 night comp and then all your play will be bumped against the 1 instead of 2?

4. Paulie_D

Paulie_D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as the comp from the Orleans is without conditions you should be fine.

I would assume it's based on previous play...so the only thing your stay might affect is future comps.

5. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That didn't even cross my mind. She just took the offer as is.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The real question here has little to do with double booking, etc.

You have a comp at Orleans. You booked it. They are expecting play, but no promises from you. Only their hope.

If you only need one night, as mentioned, see if you can book only one night. Some offers require multiple nights. Some do not. But, if you want to have that room EARLY on Saturday, you may as well book both nights.

Just remember, if you low play Orleans, they may not be so generous in the future.

Side hint. When you leave Ballys, do not totally empty the room. If a maid comes in and thinks you have left, she may check you out. Or, do as many do and leave the Do Not Distrub sign on the door.

7. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't plan on repacking and moving to Orleans for one night. Just repack an overnight with a change of clothes, liquor, and some sundries. But we will leave the DND on the door. Good idea. Probably a good idea to do the same at Orleans as soon as we check in, this way the maid doesn't see a room without the bed used, and no luggage. I think with a good 6 hours of gaming before and after the show at the Orleans will be enough to keep the offers coming, especially if we both play on my wife's card, as we do with my TR card at Bally's. I'm not worried about Bally's play, 3 days should do it, and besides this is a last hurrah for my Diamond card which will expire and revert back to Platinum at midnight on March 31st, like cinderella's coach turns back into a pumpkin.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you have it covered. As to tier levels at CET, do not forget those sweet bonus deals if you play certain level in one 24 gambling day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.