1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

M Resort Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Shjf, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the first day we arrive in Las Vegas, we've decided the first thing we'll do is go to the M Resort Buffet. We've been in the past and absolutely loved it.

This could come across as dumb, but if we arrive at 2 PM and their dinner starts at 2:30pm, they won't turn us away right? We'll probably go in at 2 and 30 minutes later they'll switch to dinner while we're there, right??

I've never attended any buffet's in vegas during change over so I wouldn't know what happens.

2. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a dumb question at all since the policy changes from place to place. M Resort continues to let people in during that time between the end of lunch and the start of dinner. And, as far as I know, they continue charging the lunch price until the start of dinner.

The only place I know of that actually closes down between lunch and dinner is the Wicked Spoon Buffet at Cosmo. A few places also split the difference during the limbo time and charge lunch price for the first half and dinner for the second half (ie. lunch ends at 3, dinner starts at 4. Dinner price starts at 3:30).

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can probably do it but keep in mind, you arent the first person who thought of this idea so plan on there being some others in line. What if you get in line at 2 and dont pay until 2:30? then you waitied in line for nothing.

4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And that can easily happen at Studio B. Better get there a little earlier than that, and be prepared to pay the dinner price if necessary.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I visited the Studio B buffet in May one night for dinner. I had two free buffets (no line pass though since I concentrate my play more at MLife properties) and the regular entry line was extremely long. It took about an hour or so to get through and was molasses slow. The way the line at Studio B is run is a mess and not all that well-organized IMO. In case you are not aware, if you earn a certain number of points daily you can get a free lunch or dinner buffet. If you plan to do some play there before you eat, you might be able to take advantage of this. Here is the info:

http://www.themresort.com/rewards/free-buffet.html

I really liked the Studio B buffet, but if you are planning to stay during changeover then you might want to get there even earlier than 2pm because there are probably going to be plenty of people on a long line with the same idea of getting there early and paying for lunch but getting to sample the dinner selection as well.

6. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I probably should've mentioned this before. We're not trying to purposely go in before dinner to get the lunch price. Our flight doesn't arrive until 1pm, and by the time we get out with our rental car we may not even be at the M until 2 - 2:30PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.