1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris July 24-28th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MickeyMickey1975, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickeyMickey1975

MickeyMickey1975 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

We spent July 24th – 28th in Vegas for our annual summer getaway. There were 5 of us, all of us like to gamble. They play mostly blackjack/slots I like craps/Pai Gow. I will focus mostly on restaurants/pools/hotels less on the gambling.

Wednesday July 24th - We arrived in Vegas from Chicago about 12:00 P.M. We were about two hours late  but just happy to be there. We headed to Paris and got one Calais Suite on the 30th floor with a killer view of the pool and fountains. We also got one LeMans suite with a connector on the 29th floor with no view. No big deal we are never in the room anyway. 3 of us are diamond status and all rooms were comped and the check in lady went out of her way to find us rooms ready when we got there. We all went up and got rid of our stuff and headed back down.

We all gambled for awhile and then headed down to Flamingo to hit the Legends show at 6:00. This is a good show and featured Elvis, Brittney Spears, Adam Levine, Madonna and maybe one other that I am missing. Everyone enjoyed the show. Flamingo kind of freaks me out right now though, with all of the parts they have closed due to the sewage issue.

After that we headed to Harrah’s for an early dinner at Ruth Chris’s. This is my second time there and it was great (We went to Ruth Chris at Harrah’s, Strip House at Planet Hollywood and Gordan Ramsey at Paris. I got sea bass at all 3 and the others got steak so it was interesting to compare). My Sea Bass was very good and everyone liked their steaks. Our waiter was Chas and he was awesome, in fact all of the staff was great! So friendly and joking around with us. After that we played craps at the Quad which is so much better than when it was IP and then headed back down to Paris/Bally’s, gambled for awhile and then called it a night.

Thursday July 25th - Had an 8:00 75 minute deep tissue massage at Caesars. I was up early with the time change so headed over to Caesars to work out at 6:00 AM when the gym opened. Worked out for an hour, hung out in the spa for an hour and then had a great massage!

Finished up about 9:30 and headed up to the pool where we had a cabana rented. Love the pool and cabana service at Caesars. Our attendant was KJ and he was fine but we love Leo . I had requested him and was a little disappointed we did not get him. We did see Leo this day and he made sure he was our attendant the next day. Two of us laid out and hung in the cabana all day, while the other 3 played black jack all day in the water. The swim up blackjack is so awesome. We ate lunch at the pool and that was very good as well.

About 4 we headed back to Paris to get ready for Strip House.
    At 6:00 we had reservations at Strip House. Scott was our server and he was awesome! Love this guy. This was everyone’s favorite meal, food and service was top notch. We contemplated coming back here on Saturday instead of to Gordan Ramsey’s and in retrospect wish we had. After dinner we gambled for awhile and then went to the piano bar between Paris and Bally’s. Very enjoyable but not quite the part atmosphere Harrah’s piano bar has.

Friday July 26th – Up early again and went to Paris fitness center at 6:00. It is decent but Caesar’s is much bigger, which I guess makes sense given how many rooms they have. On a side note now that the fitness center is included in the resort fee they open at 6:00 instead of 7:00 which is great! We have always gotten it free being diamond.

After that it is back to Caesar’s pool and cabana for a repeat of Thursday but with Leo as a cabana host which made it that much better.

Stayed at the pool until 4:00 and then back to Paris as everyone but me went to Country Superstars (I think that is what it is called) at Planet Hollywood. They all enjoyed it. Everyone did their own thing for dinner. I did Earl of Sandwich which is the absolute best and then more gambling and piano bar.

Saturday July 27th – This was kind of a lazy day. Got up later, no gym. Walked down to MGM ate at the Rainforest Café which was ok. Then gambled and walked our way back up to Planet Hollywood.

Ate at 6:00 at Gordan Ramsey’s (this place is very hard to get into) it was fine but the least favorite food and service wise of the 3 steak houses we ate at. It was chaotic in parts of the restaurant but we were in a side room which was quiet thank goodness. We like a good meal but this place was a little stuffy for our tastes. Ted was our server and he was good, even joked around with us some. One highlight was the toffee pudding desert that Ted insisted we try. This was everyone’s favorite part of the meal! After that more gambling and then to bed for an early flight.

Saturday July 28th – Early flight home. Overall a great trip. Didn’t win big but didn’t lose much. Highlights were definitely pool at Caesar’s and Strip House at Planet Hollywood. Can’t wait to return.

2. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the TR! Now, I want to try Striphouse. Thanks again!

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good friends, good food.....sounds like a great trip!

4. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR.

5. Marney1

Marney1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report.
    Was the toffee pudding a light sponge covered in a sticky caramel sauce? If so it originated at a restaurant very close to where I live.
    It is really easy to make despite tasting sublime, let me know if it sounds familiar and I will post the recipe.

6. phinfan08

phinfan08 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at the Paris for the first time in a few days, any tips?

7. charliepeete

charliepeete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is the table min..for swim up bj and do you get free drinks??? thanks

8. MickeyMickey1975

MickeyMickey1975 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Minimum was $10 on Thursday and $15 on Friday. Blackjack pays 6 to 5. Tables were very busy both days, but our group had a blast! Drinks are free and they come around alot!

9. MickeyMickey1975

MickeyMickey1975 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds familiar I would be interested in the recipe

10. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. We may try the chocolate layer cake at Striphouse in September. Thanks for the heads-up on GR.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.