1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas Rewards Experience

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Nomarian, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomarian

Nomarian Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back from 3 days in Vegas and wanted to give a quick trip report with regards to our MyVegas redemptions. Let me know if you have any questions. We had a lot of fun and MyVegas just made it better!

Nine Fine Irishmen – Very easy to redeem. Walked up to Mlife counter at NY NY and they gave us each the $50 voucher and the group ate and drank more than the comp was worth. We tipped based off the total cost of the check before the comps. We thought the food was decent, but the beer was great.

Lupo – My wife and I were the only ones to redeem this. I had redeemed it for 200K when it was still the BOGO (Buy One Get One Free) and now it states a meal for 2. I had called and redeemed this by directly calling Lupo and making a reservation and giving them the redemption code. I did go to the Mlife counter after I arrived to see if anything had to be done there, but they said since it was a Wolfgang Puck redemption, I had to do it directly with them.
    We arrived for our 5pm reservation and were promptly seated. The waiter told us he would confirm the items for the Chef’s tasting dinner and then get back to us. He came back with our drinks and informed us that we would have an appetizer which was various tomatoes infused with olive oil and goat cheese, handmade pasta cooked with veal stock with mushrooms and peas, braised short rib and a pancetta dessert. My wife hates tomatoes and is allergic to beef, so they substituted a Caesar salad and Chicken picatta for her items. The meal itself was excellent as was the service. The pasta was probably one of the best I have ever had. The best part was that the waiter informed me that the whole meal was comped. I guess they just gave me the comp for the meal for two. We tipped based on the total cost of the meal as if it was not comped.

Minus 5 – My friends had this redemption and while we did not go, they said it was fun. They had the fur coats and each got a free drink with the redemption. They redeemed this at the Mlife counter at Monte Carlo with no issues. The bartender even gave them a free drink after their initial one. The only thing they said was that you need to be careful of the glasses they serve the drinks in. They were made of ice and broke very easily.

Adventure Dome – My friends also did this while we did not. They had the worst time redeeming this as it seems that Circus Circus has their own rewards system and do not use Mlife. They were first taken from counter to counter since the people were not sure how to redeem these. They had to sign up for a players card from Circus Circus before they could even get the comps. It took almost 45 minutes for them to get their passes and finally be able to ride. The hotel was also completely full of kids everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE.

Zarkana - We redeemed these well before they made the changes and got our 2 tickets for 92K LP points. I had called these in and they had the tickets for us at Will Call. I will note that the first time I called in; they had all 6 of us off to the right in section 105. I called back about 1 month before our trip and asked to see if we could get better seats. The representative was great and changed our seats to section 103 row J directly in the middle in the VIP section with the couches. The seats were more than we could ask for and the show was great. We have seen all the Cirque shows and this was the only one we had not seen, but I would probably rate this one the 4th best behind KA, O, and Mystere.

Tender Steak House – We stopped at the Mlife desk at Luxor and got our vouchers for Tender quickly with no issues. We had reservations for 6 at Tender for 5pm and arrived promptly. We were seated in an awesome little room with a table just for 6 off in one of the little corners of the main room. The food was excellent and even with drinks, appetizer, sides, steaks and one dessert; we came out just a little over the comp of $150.00.

Jabbawockeez - Wives wanted to see this show, so we redeemed the tickets for this. The tickets we were given were all the way to the left and back of the theater and they would not give us better seats no matter how much I begged on the phone and at the box office. I even said I would pay the difference, but they said they were not allowed to upgrade the MyVegas seats. Actually, in the end it would not matter as the theater is pretty small, but it seems they have a hard time filling the theater and moved us up to the 5th row on the left side, which were great seats. The show starts off pretty slow, but once they get into the audience participation, it was very good and funny.

Hopes this helps others looking to see how this works.

2. CCaroleann

CCaroleann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the reviews.

What was the cost of the Lupo Tasting Dinner? I was not able to find the tasting menu on the website. Thank you again for letting me know what they offered at Lupon the night you were there.

CC

3. Nomarian

Nomarian Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caroleann,

I wish I could help, but we were never given menus as they knew were there for the tasting dinner. I could have sworn I heard that the tasting dinner was $150 per person, but I cannot verify. I actually wished I saw a bill or menu now.

4. Nina_930

Nina_930 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hotels?

Thanks for the reviews. It seems like you've done MyVegas before. Have you ever used the rewards for hotels? I am just curious how it works regarding making reservations?

5. gubilxix

gubilxix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed for the Luxor for two comped nights back in March and added 2 additional nights with no problem. I called the reservation # for the comped rooms, they gave me a confirmation # and transferred me to the normal reservation line and explained what was going on. They added the other two nights and linked the reservations. Got all four nights in the same room, no issues at check-in. I didn't have to check out and then back in either. Looking forward to doing this again...

6. Nina_930

Nina_930 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thank you! That's just what I wanted to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.