1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

KA performer dies after fall from wall

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by ah6tyfour, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is such a sad situation. In case nobody noticed, my Ka representative asked me to remove my ads for Ka and they will go back up on 7/9/13. I presume that is when they will resume shows.

3. mutigers

mutigers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any new information on the show's return? I have tickets to the show on 7/13 and am trying to figure out what the best option would be, refund, try and exchange for another show, or wait it out.

4. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call the box office and ask. They might not know anything until the decision is made on the 9th whether to start shows again.

I have my doubts that the show will open again so soon since the word is the problem was a cable break. For a cable that size to suddenly snap after passing daily maintenance inspections seems to indicate a more difficult issue. And figuring out what happened and then redesigning the lifting mechanism or rewriting the safety guidelines all take time. And after all that is done, there's probably a day or two of intense practicing of the scene on the wall to get the cast back into the right mindset to do it.

If the box office doesn't have any information, email Cirque Las Vegas customer service. They have amazing customer service and can even do things like give you House Seats to another show. They would also probably know more about whether the show is close to reopening.
    [email protected]

5. mutigers

mutigers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Just called they said that all information is that the show will be back after the 9th. If in the event that it is not back they will then issue refunds or exchanges.

6. mutigers

mutigers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the official email yesterday from MGM, that KA is going to continue their cancellations until further notice. Was able to get tickets transferred over to Love.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With all due respect to the departed...

With KA closed down, I would guess many of those folks will now attend other Cirq shows. Michael Jackson show will get an extra bump from this, though it sounds like the reviews so far will boost attendance there.

8. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems that, once KA returns, the final battle scene will be cut completely. Hopefully it's true that the scene is to be cut only until OSHA finishes their investigation. I can't imagine KA without that battle. The scene has been performed without problems for over 4,000-4,500 performances now, in addition to the thousands of times the scene has been done during practice. Seems a shame to remove it entirely from the show.

Las Vegas Review Journal

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.