1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ellis Island Steak Special Update

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ben Jammin, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You now must jump through hoops!

Swipe your players card at a kiosk to receive a coupon for $3 off for everyone in your party.

Then play at least one dollar through a machine to get an additional $1.00 coupon good in the restaurant.

So basically you have to join the players club if you're not already a member and then play a machine to get the additional discount bringing the total to $7.99.

Otherwise, it's now $11.99 straight up.

Still includes a beer either way. Such a deal!

OK, I'll buy that, we usually go to the Kiosk to play for some worthless prize anyway, or a drawing, and we usually play at a video poker machine while we're waiting to get a seat in the restaurant.

Kicken down a complimentary micro brew or hard lemonade (rarely available but good!) while playing those nickle video poker machines by the Bar-B-Que.

What's not to like?

The blackboard specials are usually arouind $10 or $12 bucks and some of them are very good.

AHHHH... Food fit for a King!! Here King, Here Boy...:thumbsup:

Woof Woof, now that's some good eatin!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. pghzoolady

pghzoolady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info and beautiful dog!

3. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    took the dog out sorry.

4. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info, question, running the dollar thru the machine for the additional $1 coupon for the restaurant, is that for the whole party or just the card harder? Thanks

EL is the first place I hit after I get my room! Can't wait!:beer:

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted about needing a coupon from the kiosk and someone posted that it wasn't true! Thanks, Ben, but I think it's too many hoops for me to jump through. Going off the Strip (now usually from downtown, as well), then having to visit the kiosk, and now playing......I can just pay a buck or two more and eat at one of the many menu items or specials downtown or elsewhere.

It was a good meal for the price at 4.95 and as expected it went up over the years but they threw in a micro brew or homemade root beer. However, when you have to jump through loops when you arrive hungry for a meal is a bit much, at least in my mind.

Jimbo338

6. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It didn't state how you get the additional dollar. I'll assume they track your play on the players card and then go to the player's club to redeem and is it for everyone? Don't know but what they are trying to do is get you to play some while you wait.

Hey, you might win and you can use your accumulated points at the restaurant to pay for your food. My wife and I do it all the time because we play there quite a bit.

The games are decent and the Black Jack Dealers are friendy and they even speak English! (well, most of them).

They know us so we get good drink service because we're not stingy on the tips. Het for a free beer whats a buck or two? Especially if it gets you noticed as a good customer. My name is George!

7. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit the VP bar regardless of having to wait for a seat or not, you know just to get my first pint. But, it does sound like pain if from the bar you have to run over to the desk and get a coupon......Hope they have more then just that one girl at the desk. Let you know when I go in July.
    Thanks
    Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.