1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PH Remodeled Rooms????

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by domeboy, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying at PH next month, so I have been looking at some youtube videos of rooms. I noticed in one recent video of a Hollywood Hip Queen room a new TV in room, and a TV in the Bathroom.

I have reserved a resort room. Are there new TV's in these rooms also? Did they do anything else like new mattresses, etc.

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only stayed in the Resort and Panoramic and they both had LCDs. I bet almost all of the rooms have newer TVs.

3. LakeMinnetonkaRealtor

LakeMinnetonkaRealtor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of the rooms I've had at PHo recently have had LCD tvs. None of the rooms I've stayed in have been updated beyond that. My complaint is that all the rooms are dark, as in no good lighting. The bathrooms are generally rather nice for standard rooms.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to PH twice in the past year, in February it appeared the room had new bedding (it was a Mountain or Resort room I believe). But that was all I noticed. Last year in August it was only brown blankets no bedspreads (hollywood hip). Which I remember thinking was weird. They all have flat screen TVs. Neither had a TV in the bathroom.

The rooms don't exactly need updating though...they aren't super outdated.

5. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the video showing the newer Tv's including one in bathroom

TSSBN3KMJg8. Note: can't get link attached...search for video "Planet Hollywood Las Vegas may 2013"

The Tv's look newer than the flat screens I saw on my last trip.

6. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of them are a bit nicked up in terms of unrepaired damage to furniture, walls, etc., but better than CET's Section 8 offerings north of Flamingo Ave. Their Metropolis IL hotel in the middle of nowhere has much better standard rooms than every single Vegas CET standard room (counting Roman Tower at Caesars Palace as standard level). I would be embarrassed to offer Roman Tower rooms which haven't been touched since Hagler vs. Hearns (1985 for non boxing fans) at a "4 1/2 Star" property, considering all other rooms range from decent to excellent.

Rather than dropping a billion on "The Linq" and the "Bally's Outdoor Shopping Bazaar", they should have cleaned up their rooms from Harrah's to PHo and Roman Tower rooms to partially justify charging a resort fee for actual resort quality rooms.

[YOUTUBE]9VI-M9Yw-28[/YOUTUBE]

8. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the look of that youtube video, it appears this is a hollywood hip 2 queen connector room on one of the 2 Penthouse level floors. I am guessing due to the ceiling height, which is alot higher than the standard room, the upgraded items, and from the view looking out the window. The IHome clock radio is different so are the LCD tv's and lack of big armoir. I recently was in a resort room at the end of April and it was the same as it had been without any changes.

9. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks EZ369. Your explanation makes sense.

No matter where I stay, I always spend at least some time at PH. It is not amazing in any category, but it is above average in most categories. And for me, the dining is not too fancy or not too lowbrow for my tastes. You gotta love Earl of Sandwich with its good inexpensive food, Planet Dailies is a very good coffee shop restaurant with good value, and one of my new favorites is BurGR....And, of course, if you go into the mall Blondies is fun and has good food.

10. pirviii

pirviii Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room Remodel

I agree, especially the Roman Tower rooms. Maybe once the Linq disaster is complete they can upgrade what they already have let go way past their prime.

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms are completely fine at PH, no need to worry about it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.