1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Blackjack... predetermined wins?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by BLNT, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am starting to get the feeling, after only playing a few days, that the BJ game is not entirely random...

I can't say that I have ever drawn to as many 21's as I do in this game... my 12's get A LOT of 9's. Heck, as a test, I started doubling my A8 and A9 vs. dealer's low card and darned if I don't catch a lot of 2's and Aces respectively.

As much as it seems that you're bound to win some hands no matter what, there are times when it seems the dealer manages a 21 more than I have come to expect in real play as well. Sure, I've had streaks in the real world where I can't win, or I can't lose - this just seems kind of fishy.

I'd like to also see what the dealer's hole card is, but if you bust out your hand(s), that remains a mystery... could it be a "wild" or blank card until it's time to draw?

I guess the fact that I have suspicions like this would indicate that I am not a good candidate for playing for real $'s online. I just can't trust what I can't see. A shuffled game that I play in person, I can accept the ups and downs. When a computer program is involved, how can we really be sure?

2. CitizenJ

CitizenJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats funny, I have this exact same feeling. Like the number the dealer is going to get to is pre-determined, and the odds based on whatever number card he is showing does not mater at all. I've seen the dealer hit his way to 21 So many times only showing a 5 or 6. Its bizarre and strongly against the odds.

3. RandyCox

RandyCox Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You think they want to make it easy for people to gain LP? =p

4. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's another finding. I play three hands and if I win all three hands next set played if three I always lower my bet because I either lose all three or two out of three. It's a fact. Start paying attention and you'll see.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always assumed that online games are rigged to know what you have chosen and they chose their play accordingly.

Whats your take on video poker? the computer knows what you played and discarded. Does it change the cards before it flips them over to favor the house?

We will never know.

6. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that you mention that, sometimes I think the shoe knows as well! :eek:

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i wouldn't doubt it. it would be very complicated to do an actual card deck and shuffle in the programming and also keep it within the levels that they want you to win. it would basically be a full on video BJ machine at that point. so the system is probably very simple and just determines win or lose before the hand and then makes the cards line up properly.

8. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Encore??

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.