1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont Street car rentals?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DonnyC, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any car rental places on Fremont street?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not on Fremont, but most of the downtown hotels have a car rental desk.

3. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be easiest to just check locations at the rental companies' websites. Or jump on the WAX bus to the airport and pickup/dropoff there...

4. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The two that I know of at downtown hotels are: Main Street Station has an Advantage Car Rental desk near the player's club desk. Just thought about the second one I was going to mention, not so sure about it now. But, when the D was Fitzgeralds, there was an Enterprise desk in their lobby.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did take the WAX last time to the airport, caught the car rental shuttle and picked up my car there. Returned it and took the WAX back downtown. $1 each way if over 60. $2 otherwise and pay right on the bus.

Surprisingly, even with all the airport surcharges, the rate was still cheaper than renting at a downtown hotel.

Wax ride was about 25 minutes each way, plus another 5 minutes on the rental shuttle. I'm a Dollar member, so no wait to get the car. I would do it again if renting for just a day or two.!:thumbsup:

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will tag onto Joe's post and add that you also have the ability to choose from a wider selection at the airport. IE, if I don't like the car they have assigned (smells like smoke or is a POS) I can ask for another car. The selection at the hotel counter is pretty limited. I have done the hotel rental at Strip properties a couple of times during business trips and it is easy to drop off the car and simply walk back to you room.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just went to maps.google.com and typed in
    "car rental near Fremont Street Experience, Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV"

and all these came up

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    be aware, you may want to confirm with the rental agencies as to the locations downtown. I rented from dollar at the GN a few years ago. I went back a few months later and the dollar booth had closed. I do know that the advantage booth at MSS has been there for many years but cannot confirm the other rental agencies.

I also did notice that it was cheaper to rent at the airport rental facility (over the downtown rental agencies), guess they have to charge more because they probably pay the hotel a fee to have a booth at the hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.