1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best travel deal you've ever scored?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be it RFB at Aria to a rock-bottom price on a cruise, what's the best bang4buck deal you've ever nailed down for travel?

Ours is simple: $399 r/t fares LAX-Auckland, inclusive.

2. Dutchy

Dutchy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    €400 was $520 for RT Amsterdam - LV last year dring March madness.
    For the upcoming trip in Oct €550 = $ 700 for the Same flight.

IMO still both cheap.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one time in history they actually ran a sale on first class and we booked ATL->SFO in first for $500. never seen that happen again.

also i'd put nonstop ATL->BRU in first with a lie flat bed for 100k miles up there. that's about a $6k ticket, so that's 6 cents per mile which is way better than the 1 cent per mile you normally get.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, comps and marketing offers only loosely fit in here. But if we count them, I'd have to say 3 free nights at Bally's, 2 free at Caesars Forum Tower, and then one at Caesars Windsor after the flight home, with $0 wagered at a CET property on that trip (and less than $50 total spend on their properties).

If we're not counting those, I've had a direct DTW-Vegas flight for as little as $260 round trip.

5. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine was a Vegas trip. Scored a r/t FC ticket using FF miles, 3 nights comped at MGM Grand, earned enough comps to cover all meals (I forget how much freeplay I had) and left about $200 up on the gambling; more than enough to cover airport parking and r/t gas to the airport.

6. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LAX - Tokyo Narita $99 round trip. This was pre 9/11 and I did the courier thing. I had already done one trip for them to Korea and this was a last minute thing where a courier had cancelled on them. It was such a combination of luck. They called me on a Friday, desperate for someone to fly out on the next Tuesday. I talked to my boss and got 10 days off and I was good to go! Airline turned out to be Singapore Airlines which imho is one of the better ones!

7. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine was in 2009, after Southwest announced their "introductory" fares in Milwaukee. SW offered $35 one-way fares to many locations (including Las Vegas)... total with taxes of a RT was $98.

We didn't get those on-time, but AirTran (pre-merger) was matching those fares and we ended up getting the RT for $138.

Right now you can't get TO Las Vegas from Milwaukee for less than $150.

And a night before a Qua Spa day.
  8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $70 rt to Vegas from SFO during a southwest sale. wish I could still get those

9. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I lived in San Fran I would hop on National Air for one of their airfare specials...something in the neighborhood of $39 round trip. And then the plane would only be 1/3 full. Guess I see why they went out of business.

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three years ago during the week of Valentines Day, this was before I received COMPS. I found a deal on a travel site for four nights at Caesars for less than any Imperial Palace, it was a package deal and I actually paid less to book the trip staying at Caesars than I would have just simply flying to LV. We split the package two ways, invited a couple girls and were off. At check in the $20 dolla holla got us an upgrade to the Augustus Tower.

So basically for $370 a person we flew from Ohio to LV and stayed 4 nights in the Augustus Tower!

That was great!!

11. vegasrai

vegasrai Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Santos Tours Cleveland

Back in the mid 90s we used to get a package deal to Vegas. We used to get Main Street Station for $279 plus tax so it came in under $300 for 7 nights/8 days, airfare, 21 buffets and our luggage was handled so we dropped it off at the airport on the way out and it was in our hotel room when we checked in. Now I am lucky if I can get airfare for under $500. How times have changed.

12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October 2001, Venetian Reblast offer, $59 or $69 for or room (and for our flights, we used vouchers from an oversold flight on our honeymoon the previous year).

I consider most of our travel to be at least a "decent" value, or I wouldn't be making the trip:thumbsup: But I can't think of a big "steal" at the moment....

13. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

$29 each way fares from Illinois to Vegas on Allegiant (pre-baggage fees). On same trip, stayed at the Trop mid week for around $15/nite.

Best airfare ever was $7 one way from Illinois to Vegas on Allegiant. Return was regular fare.

14. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 day cruise BOS to Bermuda and back for 700 - for 4 people

15. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2006 when there were still charters flying out of MSP, I snagged flights where the airline cost was less than the taxes and fees. We flew round-trip for around $65.

Brag alert, I was flying out to play in the WSOP. I had won a seat and $1,500 in travel money playing on-line. Easily my longest Vegas trip. I was solo for 3 nights and then joined the wife and other family members for 4 nights.

This was when the poker sites were submitting payment for the players, we didn't have the option of taking the cash. The wife was beside herself that I was entered into a $10,000 tourney and there was nothing she could do about it but hope I made the money. I didn't cash but what great time that was.

16. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gaggles called me Christmas day once and said better look at booking some flights to Vegas right now. Flights from GTF to LAS on Allegiant were $12.25 each way. I booked 3 return flights spread over 4 months for $57.80 a piece total, return. The tax was more than the actual airfare.

17. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2003, I had a two week self catering holiday including return flights from England to Alicante, Spain. Total cost, £1 for two people.

It was an auction and no one else bid on it.

18. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2008: Philly to Orlando @$49 each way on Southwest, rented a 2br/2ba timeshare at a Marriott on I drive @ $650 for the week. Then paid $1000 for Disney tix for the four of us.

Bidding on Priceline around 2005 and getting the Hyatt in Jersey City for $37.

19. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 comped nights at Excal, waived resort fee, over memorial day weekend...and $50 Freeplay

all this for a guy who has a 200 a day bankroll

20. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my favorite freebies ever discovered and taken advantage of? Big Apple Greeters. Free walking tour of a neighborhood in NYC. We did this a couple years ago - chose Central Park because we really wanted to learn & explore the park itself more. Matched with an 80-something yr old woman who had lived for 50+ years on the upper west side, she walked everywhere - took us on a fabulous tour of the park.I highly HIGHLY recommend this non-profit group if you are ever in NYC!!!!:peace:

(I believe they have versions of this in other cities - for instance, there is a Paris Walks group I had hoped to do a walk with on our November trip last year but it didn't work out, timing wise)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.