1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Future Mlife comps affected by low play on a Non Comped Trip?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by yogus, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogus

yogus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My next Vegas trip is tomorrow. We are staying at buddies timeshare (Hilton Grand Vacations) I will mostly be playing poker and probably some carnival games and slots. My last solo trip (October) I played more than normal and got a host (Luxor) I plan on booking a trip with the host in May or June and I'm concerned that my small play on the card this trip will adversely affect my offer. Is that the case?

I would think about playing without a card, but I know a poker tournament we are going to play (Aria) requires it.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think that yes, it would affect it. You could try to concentrate your play on the card on the poker tournament day, and not use the card the rest of the time I guess.

You could also try to book the next trip before taking this one.

3. yogus

yogus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. I will try to concentrate my play on the tournament day. I can book my next trip yet, because of possible work travel.

Do you think it would hurt my offers more if I booked an offer during this trip (I have several corporate offers) and low played it or if I low play on a non comped trip?

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a host is going to look at your last few trips, so if they see anything in there this trip and it's low, it's going to negatively affect your next trip. it doesn't matter to them whether it was a comped trip or not.

if you had a host that you had worked with a while, one low trip where you were there for another purpose can easily be explained away and they won't hold it against you. but for a new host, they're going to go based on what they see in the system and you want them to see recent big trips, not a recent small trip.

5. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter- What triggers a trip. Use of MYVEGAS rewards? Use of Express comps? Using your card on a slot or table ?

6. yogus

yogus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a similar question. If I gamble with my card at an MGM property Thursday, Saturday, and Monday is that 3 "trips" or 1?

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I understand it (no proof), MGM looks at play over multiple days as one "trip". CET does it for each 24 hour period.

If play is low, and poker is in the mix - how much do they REQUIRE a card to play, and can it be anyones card? (just saying)

8. yogus

yogus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm I'm not sure. I think (not positive) that when I cashed in the Aria Tournament I was asked for drivers license and my card when they filled out the paperwork. They also required "A" card when I registered for the tournament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.