1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Budweiser Red Lights

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by habs0nut, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you live in Canada you might be aware of and have seen a commercial for the new Budweiser Red Lights. These premiered during the Super Bowl and went on sale during the game. If you live outside Canada or haven't seen the commercial here it is

[YOUTUBE]-sDN8I2O8kk[/YOUTUBE]

They are not cheap at $149 each coming to just under $200 with tax and shipping. I almost balked when I saw the price and need a little encouragement from my buddies who I was watching the game with but I broke down and ordered one. Nothing like a little peer pressure! They had sold out of the intiatal batch and I had to settle for a pre-order. However they released a small batch on the weekend and I was able to order one of those and cancel my pre-order.

Now you're probably asking yourself who on earth would spent $200 on a novelty light. I was asking myself the same question except this thing is a little more than that. It's huge! The size of a real goal light and it's made of metal. The real cool feature is the fact that it's WiFi enabled and you program with with your favourite team and every time they score the light and built in horn goes off.

It arrived this morning via courier and I got it unpacked and set up. This thing has some weight to it and it's very cool looking. Here's a quick shot of it in action.

[YOUTUBE]y48oLM1BqSY[/YOUTUBE]

The Habs play tomorrow night but I won't be home to watch the game so I have to wait for this coming Saturday night to see if it does what it's supposed to.

Solo
  2. Coolcanuck79

Coolcanuck79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is frggin cool!!!! I want one too! (for the Senators of course!) :beer:

3. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Novel idea.

I wonder what website the light uses to track team scores via wi-fi. That could be a deal breaker if the website goes down frequently.

I assume the light doesn't work for basketball. It would be going off constantly.

They could improve sales, if for football, the light would flash red for touchdowns & another color for field goals.

Do you know what sports it works with?

4. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a great idea, although I am not a hockey fan, but I almost would like one of these just for the novelty! I think you might see more of these type of things from different sports in the future! I would love some type of scoreboard that just kept the daily scores of teams in the MLB for my gameroom, maybe programmable for different sports. I think this might only be the tip of the iceburg! Very cool ideal, love it!

5. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But since it only lights up when your team scores, how would you ever know if the light worked? :jester:

6. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol! I could see people complaining already!! I bought this thing and it never goes off, uhhh sir, your team has been shut out the last 5 games!

7. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll get one for the bruins and let you guys know...

8. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing about the red goal light is that it's one of those iconic hockey items. There's not really anything like it in other sports so I'm not sure how they could adapt this to something like football but I'm sure something could be done.

When you are setting it up, you select which team or teams you want it to be synced with. There's no maximum either so you could technically have it set for all 30 teams although I'm not sure why you would want to. You can also have it set to go off 5 minutes before puck drop as a reminder that the game is about to start.

Solo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.