1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's North & South Towers, difference?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Tropigal3, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tropigal3

Tropigal3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked a few rooms at Bally's South Tower in March. I've looked at the property map and have done some research. I'm confused as to why the north costs more than the south tower. Is it only because of the renovated rooms? Seems to be that South is closer to the strip which is preferred since we have a couple of elderly people with us. Also, do any of the south tower rooms have strip views?

I'm considering doing the $20 trick for my room, but would be more comfortable if I at least know the differences above.

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a long time since they renovated the South Tower rooms.
    Last time I stayed in the South Tower was 6 years ago and the rooms were worn then.
    Probably worth a shot at upgrading.
    The actual walking distance to the Strip is only a very small bit closer from the South Tower as you have to exit from the same door.
    If you upgrade to the North Tower ask for a high floor as street noise on Flamingo will wake you up early.

3. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a car and are using their parking structure, the walking distance to the South Tower elevators is considerably farther.

I've stayed in both and I believe the North Tower rooms are somewhat larger. They have flat screen TVs. I don't recall what kind of TVs are in the South Tower rooms.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed in both and prefer the ST because of the reasoable view of the fountains. We've always received a room or suite with new carpet and bedding but the furniture is older and scratched most times. But, we've also stayed in a NT room with NO VIEW and had what appeared to be the same size with furniture that looked no newer that the ST. The NT is closer to get to the pool and Paris. You'll hear from folks who prefer both towers for their own reasons...that is why we have choices... lol. Hope you have a great trip!!

5. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There better be a difference. I reserved one of the supposed remodel rooms, and for the 30% price difference it better be nicer. Still a heck of a deal though as the difference was like $9 a night.

6. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless there has been another remodel in the last week, people have told you the difference between the two towers based on their experience over the years. What will happen if it is not nicer and how will you be able to compare?

7. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

Just stayed in a South Tower room and will not again until they are finally renovated. Dated decor wasn't the problem - I expected that going in - it was room cleanliness, particularly the bathroom (hair and mold). Carpet was very, very worn and stained and the bed wasn't comfortable. It did have a flat screen TV and a good view of the Eiffel Tower and half of the Bellagio fountains. I'm surprised CET doesn't do something more with these rooms so they can charge more based on the view.

8. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

The things in the rooms are one thing now but what about all the construction across Flamingo Rd at the Linq? Can you sleep? That would bug me.

9. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason I picked the more expensive option was because of posted pictures from customers on line of both type rooms. So I am expecting something that look at least near what I have seen in the photos.

10. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike, your $9 will be well spent.

11. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So how much was the room?

12. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I checked in to Bally's last year the clerk offered to upgrade me to the North Tower for $10. When I asked if it was worth it, she laughed a bit and said something about the South Tower rooms have not been renovated in many years. I spent the extra and was very pleased with my room in the North Tower.

As someone questioned construction noise from Linq. No noise from the construction, it is a ways away. I did have a great view of the contruction, but no noise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.