1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Steakhouse VALUE

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Wanger1969, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I the only person that think the steaks at Outback are not that far off from any of these fancy places?

I just don't see the value in paying more than 20 bucks for a steak and two sides.

3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, the steak you get with the $7.99 special at Ellis Island is better than anything the Outback has to offer. That said, yes there is a certain law of diminishing return as steak prices go up. It's not just the piece of meat that you're paying for. If you're looking for the sort of overall experience that one can expect when paying $75pp for a steak and a couple of sides, then a "Blooming Onion" and an "Outback Special" at a booth with a formica table and paper napkins probably isn't going to cut it. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I like the Outback... It's just not fine dining.

4. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a big difference. I have nothing against Outback but a decent steakhouse is in an entire different league in terms of taste. And a great steakhouse is in an entirely different league than that. I'm not saying a $100+ steak or a $260 wagyu steak is a better value than $20 Outback because that's up to the individual. But in terms of taste and quality they are so far off its hard to even compare.

5. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although there have been some reports of diminished quality, you can add Binion's Steakhouse to the list. Not everything is ala-cart, and the view is quite nice from the 25th? floor. Mind you I last went in late 2002, but it was a good meal at a reasonable price. I've also been to The Flame and The Steakhouse at Circus Circus and could highly recommend both.

6. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

We had two, but both closed. I ate at the east side location and it was very average. All that sizzling butter did nothing to win me over. I don't understand why it is replacing The Range at Harrah's. Name recognition and expense accounts weren't enough to keep the other two from failing.

7. gkbiiii

gkbiiii MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. $21.99 16 once Porterhouse, with 2 sides--Second Street Grill, Fremont.
    2. $30.00 Prime Rib three course dinner, Emblers, The Quad.
    3. $19.99 Chicken/pasta dinner Binions Ranch Steakhouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.