1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Free ,safe credit reports

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know where I can access free credit reports w/o sending my ss number to some scammers?I know they are supposed to give you one freebee each year.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

This is the FTC sponsored government site. You are only allowed to check 1 per year (free). So what I do is check one of the 3 services once every 4 months.

If you check all 3 at once, you can't check for free again for a year.

3. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW, it's the only site that is honest. ALL the others are full of tricks.

Great idea about how to check every four months Joe. :nworthy:

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys

I'll give this a shot and definitely favorite it for future reference.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the others, I use this annual credit report regularly, every 4 months I will ask for one from one of the 3 agencies. that way I can get a regular check of my credit. You will have to sign up for the service if you want to know your credit rating (but might be able to cancel so you don't get charged) but I usually use it to get my credit report and see if anything is amiss.

All the other agencies (freecreditreport, etc.) are all scams and difficult to cancel, stay away from them like the plague. Plus those commercials are some of the most annoying commercials I ever seen and heard, I always either mute the tv or change channels.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to the annual credit report site, I use Credit Karma. I learned of it through Clark Howard. They don't actually provide your credit report but are set up to review it, report changes and to model your credit score. They promote some credit cards and refinancing but don't charge a fee. They only access your report from one agency though (Experian, IIRC). Not a complete substitute for checking the real deal but it helps.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can pay a small fee to get your score from the valid one that Joe linked to above. But this is totally optional. This is the one our bank website links to & I highly recommend each person review their info annually.

8. gubilxix

gubilxix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with annualcreditreport.com. Just used it the other day. Been using it for about 5 years. you can even challange stuff on the report if you think it should not be there from the site itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.