1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How to get from Bellagio to Luxor during R&R Marathon

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by fas87, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas on Dec. 2nd, the day the Rock & Roll Marathon is occuring. During the night of the marathon, we plan to eat dinner at Bellagio and then need to get to Luxor to watch Carrot Top. However, the strip and some surrounding roads are shut down for the marathon, so we may not be able to take a taxi, as we otherwise would.

My best guess is to take the City Center monorail from Bellagio to Monte Carlo and then walk to Luxor from there (through NYNY across the bridge to Excalibur and then to Luxor using the moving walkways). I'm thinking taking the tram from Excalibur to Luxor may just add to the walking. We would ideally take a taxi, but I'm not sure if it's even possible, and even if it is, how much traffic there will be.

What do you think is the fastest way to get from Bellagio to Luxor (and back) the night of the marathon?

TIA!

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking the trams would probably be what I'd do.

One note: You can't take the tram from Excal to Luxor. You either need to walk that part, or take a tram from Excal to MB, and then a tram back from MB to Luxor.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the "fastest" way may depend on where you are eating at Bellagio. The Bellagio tram to Monte Carol doesn't really save that much time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it. But the walk from the back of the Bellagio where the tram is to the Monte Carlo os virtually the same distance. If you have to walk to the rear of Bellagio first, and then wait fro the tram, it may actually be faster just to walk out the front door

I Need Spa
  4. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point. We're eating at Le Cirque, so may need to think harder about just hoofing it.

Thanks.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would hoof it. Because even if you ride the tram to Monte Carlo, you still have to walk all the way through Monte Carlo to get back to the Strip and access NYNY

I Need Spa
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on weather. And street/pedestrian traffic.

If you walk the street side, you do have to deal with the up and over the road at City Center.

Either way would work out. Eat early.

OR - could you go out back door of Bellagio to Vdara and grab a cab there. It would take that back feeder road down to Luxor? (Frank Sinatra Dr)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.