1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NY NY Upgrade question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by PrincessaMyron, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

Hubby just received an offer in the US Mail, with 3 free nights, $125 in free play and $50 in M life Resort Credits. Weirdly enough, we mostly play/stay downtown, so we're not sure how this happened!

So, my question, if you would be so kind:

1. If we book this, we get a comp "Deluxe Room' - what's our intended upgrade if we want a cool suite? Going on 12/16-24, with the first 4 days being on the strip.

Thanks - lauren and Ross in TX

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    re: Cool suite

If you were to get an upgrade, the first two level suites at NYNY are pretty much a joke - larger than normal room with hottub in corner of room and small bathroom.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nostresshere is right. The low end NYNY 'suites' aren't really suites. Their Spa 'Suite' advertises at 500 square feet, which is about the same size as a regular room in a lot of the nicer places.

But the first upgrade they are going to offer you from the regular room is to a madison avenue room. It's slightly bigger, but not much. With that said, I've stayed in the madison avenue room and it's perfectly fine.

The first real suite NYNY has is the Marquee. It's significantly larger. It's the first upgrade at NYNY that I'd go out of my way to get.

The NYNY website does a very good job of showing you what each room is.

4. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms at NYNY are very small since it looks like they designed the skyline exterior first then figured out how many rooms they could fit inside. The Players Suites seem nice, but they are definitely just a juniior suite at best.

I have found it very hard to get a suite upgrade at NYNY. My guess is that there arent many suites to be had.

Someone mentioned the Madison Avenue Rooms. These may be the rooms they just remodeled using the old furniture from the Bellagio Remodel. From what I have read, the furniture is not well suited for the smaller NYNY rooms.

Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on NYNY. It is one of my favorite properties, but in the future I will stay at MGM and take the short hop across the pedestrian bridge to visit NYNY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.