1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo check In Question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by brklynmerckx, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brklynmerckx

brklynmerckx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm full of stupid questions. Sorry.

Anyway, the short story is I fly standby due to my wife being an airline employee. As a result, I take what I can get flight-wise. If I take an overnight flight that arrives at, say, 1 am, on the day I'm actually scheduled to check in, what are the possibilities I'd be able to get a room at that hour.

I'm staying at the Monte Carlo, and I figure I'd get to the hotel about 1:30 am or so. I'll be arriving on November 6th.

Cheers,
    Robert

p.s. This place is an unbelievably great resource for us neophytes. Thanks!:thumbsup:

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked in after midnight before with no problems. Once you are assigned an actual seat on an actual plane headed for LAS, just call the hotel and give them a heads up about your expected arrival time. That should ensure that they hold your room.

3. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you're arriving Tuesday at 1AM, but is your reservation starting Monday or Tuesday? If its Monday, just call ahead and let them know you're late. If its Tuesday, I dont think theres a chance, cause otherwise they're just giving you an extra comp room for "Monday" night

4. magic_man12

magic_man12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked in once at 3am at Mandalay Bay... No reservation.. just went up to the desk and said I'd like a room. For sake of argument lets say its 3am on a Monday morning.

She explained very clearly that checking in that early will still count as "Sunday Night"... and my 'check-out' time will still be 11am on Monday.
    I vaguely remember something about her saying it had to be after 6am to be considered the 'next day'.

All I can say based on experience, but you can always call and give them a heads up or see what they can do for you.

5. brklynmerckx

brklynmerckx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our actual check-in is Tuesday. We'll probably just book a room for that night and not worry about it.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, so the question is really about checking in early - REAL early.

That early, it would be the same as checking in the night before. Different hotels have different times, but I think it is way later than that. After all, the vast majority of the people on that plane, and many others are just arriving and want a room as well.

I would book a room for the night before if you want a room vs taking a chance and showing up, only to find they are SOLD OUT.

And, in your next question, try to be more descriptive in your title.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.