1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Time Using and Offer--Questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegas_or_bust, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are using an offer for the Mirage over LDW that includes free nights, some freeplay, and two free buffets. We have never used an offer with freeplay and/or free buffets before.

(1) Where do you get the vouchers for the free buffets? Or do you just eat at the buffet and have them take it off your bill when you check out?

(2) What is the process for accessing your free play? (i.e. is it already loaded on my Mlife card, or do I need to go to VIP services when I arrive).

(3) Last question: Do we check in at the normal check in counter still?

Thanks, and sorry for the noob questions!

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check in as you would normally.the go to the card services desk and they will explain all the details.Have a nice trip!

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You’ll be able to use the “invited guests” line. (Unless your offer or host specifically states VIP check-in, they probably won’t let you use the VIP lounge to check in.) But don’t just automatically make a beeline towards it when you arrive. In my experience the folks checking in at that line tend to be a bit “needier” (if you catch my drift) than your average guest. So, if the invited guest line is significantly shorter, use it. If it isn’t, you might want to think twice.

I’ve always had to go to the Mlife desk to get my freeplay or promo chips. They’ll tell you what to do when you check in, though.

I’ve never had the “two free buffets”, so I can’t help. My guess is that they’ll tell you to charge them to your room and they’ll take them off at check out. Again, ask at the front desk or at the Mlife desk when you’re getting your freeplay.

4. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP did not ask, but I am wondering if the hotel adds the resort fee upon check-in, when you are getting a comped room? Someone told me that a few of the MLife hotels do this, but not sure which ones.

5. Kitsi

Kitsi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience staying 3 or 4 times at Mirage on comps we've never been charged a resort fee. The time or two I asked to be sure, they told me I was an invited guest and there would be no fee.

6. cardfelon

cardfelon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will charge the buffet charges to your room. Before you check out stop by the host offices and they will take it off your room.

7. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the responses :beer:

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage specifically doesn't charge the resort fee on a comped room. Other properties, such as NYNY, charge you up front but then might take it off if you play enough. Not sure why it's different at different MGM properties.

9. Dr.Dre

Dr.Dre Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also am using an mlife deal for the first time (just a regular room at MGM for a discounted rate). However, my mlife account has been pretty non-existent - I went for a bachelor party last year, and played very little at the MGM Grand and accumulated 67 cents in express comps. I plan on dramatically increasing my play this trip. I'm wondering if mlife will be using my future primary comps for the room deal or if I will have them to work with when its time to deal with the final bill. Currently my plan is to just charge everything to the room and deal with it at the end. Worst case scenario they just use my express comps towards the final bill. Any thoughts?

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't gone without a room comp in a long time, but what I would do is use all my express comps while I was there and charge the remaining stuff to my room. Then I'd hit a host as I was getting ready to leave and see what they could do for me. Depending on your play and your losses, they'll take something off the bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.