1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Switch at Switch?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Dean Martin, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somebody from the board let me know that they changed the name of one of our favorite restaurants at Wynn...Stratta is now Allegro. I did some research and it's just wrapping up the departure last yr of Alex Stratta and the closure of Alex. I'm assuming they made an agreement to let Wynn use the Stratta name for 1 more yr.

Anyway....I was looking to see if it was changed on the website and if the menu remained the same and noticed that Switch no longer shows in the list of restaurants.

Does anybody know if Switch is actually closed and if there is something new going in? They could do all kinds of different thnigs w/ that space as it's connected to the pool deck area for the EBC and Surrender too.

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, Dean.

We walked by the former Stratta (now Allegro) a little over a week ago.
    Husband wanted to check out the menu. He was impressed at the smooth
    transition from the previous day.
    They invited us in to try out the new stuff but we were dining at Lakeside later that night, so we begged off.

Switch was supposed to close on July 23rd but we never checked to see if that actually happened.
    I saw a yelp review as recent as 8/5/12, so I'm not sure.
    I did notice it's no longer listed on the Wynn/Encore dining listings.

3. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the original plan had been for Switch to have closed back in January or February, to be replaced by an upscale Mexican restaurant - then, for some reason that got back-burnered & Switch stayed open an extra 6-7 months. Not sure if they're sticking with the Mexican concept or not - though personally, I think an upscale Mexican place would be a great addition to Wynncore's restaurant lineup - so hopefully they'll stick with that instead of going with another "nightlife concept":rolleyes2:

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jilly I'd love to see that too. Our last trip, we had one the most expensive and at the same time forgetable dinner and bottle of wine at Switch:rolleyes2:

5. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    switch

Was one of the most forgetable meals I have had in Vegas. Agreed!

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ardee:nworthy: Good to hear the transformation at Stratta seems to be seamless. I'd actually welcome a bit of a menu change as long as it stays Italian:licklips:

I had no idea anything was even going on w/ Switch but glad to see it....just about anything else there would be an improvement. Well.....as long as it's not another night/day club thingy:poke:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.