1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Flights from Buffalo

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Red18andRed23, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone,

Finally booking a trip back to Vegas! Haven't been since the late '90s!

Love the website!!

Quick question...we are flying out of Buffalo...anyone know what a good deal is...I can get $149.00 each way right now...will it get any lower?? Flying in February...debating if I should grab that rate or take my chances.

Cheers,
    Red 18andRed23
    :beer:

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a deal to me. I keep scouting airfares on SWA everywhere for Dec, Jan &/or Feb and non-stop from Mke to Vegas is over $400 pp.

Depends on how much you fly if you should book now or wait. Book now and if the price goes down, no charge to change the fare, but you have only 1 year to use the credit from the day of the original booking. If you only fly once a year, doesn't do you much good.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually fly out of Detroit, not Buffalo, but have priced out Buffalo before and have never seen it below 300 round trip.

But February is a long time off and I wouldn't expect that price to go up for some time, so if you're at all unsure about your dates, no point in locking in yet.

4. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    149 is not bad, is it non stop?, I alway take that into account, since lay over citys come into play like Chi/Denver, and St. Louis etc. I think about possible winter storms causing travel mayhem in Feb

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Boy are you in for some surprises from you last trip...:) Hope you have a great time. I would book the flights...then watch for specials or drops in costs... One great thing about sw - can cancel & rebook and get credit on difference.

6. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    149 isn't bad for non stops. I've flown out of Buffalo a few times. 99 one way was the best ever, but those days are gone. I would book it now.

7. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in buffalo also, and have used SW exclusively for the last 3-4 years.
    $149 is the lowest price of the year. I paid $189 each way for our trip in May, and jumped on the $149 for a return trip in Sept. If you can get that price for a non-stop even better.
    Keep a eye on the price though, SW fares change quickly, and you can re- book without any charges if it does go down.

8. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses...we are from TO and fly SWA to Tampa usually once a year...we actually have a credit that we need to use up before March so this is why we thought we would go to Vegas...even though we are going in February...its so far away I know...$149 non stop one way is a great deal...think we will snag those prices!! Cheers everyone...now we just need to decide on a hotel!! :)

9. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked...with the SWA credit we had...we paid $168.50 each return...non stop from Buffalo!!

Let the 7 month countdown begin :)

10. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought SW tickets from LAS to BUF @ $149.60 per ticket for November travel. I was watching the SW website for a few months checking prices and this is the cheapest I've seen.

So yes... $149 is a good price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.