1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recommend me a lounge for 35+ somethings

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Rob V, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob V

Rob V Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother and I are heading to Vegas in early August. We have stayed everywhere from Mirage to Wynn and loved relaxing at Blush. With Blush now closed, we're trying to find a lounge that caters to a little bit older crowd without sacrificing good music or having a sparse crowd.

My research has led me to believe Mix, Foundation Room and Voodoo Lounge could all be good places... anywhere else you might recommend?

2. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All depends on you to be honest. I am 47 and like all those places but kinda prefer places like LAX, XS and Cathouse myself a bit more. Out of those choices I pick Foundation though, MIX the last time we were there was a bit of a let down.

3. Pablo Bravo

Pablo Bravo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same age group and really have a great time at Tabu inside MGM or EyeCandy inside MB. I love the clubs, just hate being packed in like cattle. We also hit Gallery inside PHo.

4. Rob V

Rob V Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither of us are interested in being jammed in to a club and I'm not down with techno or house music. Just looking for a relaxed spot with Top 40, hip hop and women that are around our age.

Why was MIX a letdown?

Thanks!

5. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MIX was a let down so to speak due to the crowd there, it seems they are or were at that time letting just anyone in, no dress code or anything and that led to the exact jam packed situation you say you want to avoid, plus they had new bartenders who were damn sure not on thier game at all. Overall I prefer FR to MIX usually anyway, I like the vibe there and the design of the place plus they usually have a better DJ working than MIX does the last two years. Plus the dancers there are a nice bonus :)

6. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the same age group as you heading out in August with my friends as well. Been out to Vegas the same time the past few years and Voodoo has been a let down. Several posts have mentioned Eyecandy and they are spot on. It's a good place after 11:00. Another option is Gold Lounge in Aria. Carnival Court is a possibility however it's hot outside even at night in August and that place has gone down hill the last several years as well. For more upscale but smaller is V Bar in the Venetian.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you venture downtown, check out Gold-Diggers at the Nugget... pretty cool spot with a well-mixed crowd and a great balcony that overlooks the action on Fremont Street.

8. nw2this

nw2this Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bubba,

Are there many people in their late 40's and early 50's at XS? Is it an older crowd than Cosmo Marquee?

9. Rob V

Rob V Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at XS last August and it was anything but an older crowd... could have just been an off night though.

10. Rob V

Rob V Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the advice. I've been checking out Gold Lounge as well... do any of these places require call ahead for bottle service or is it not even worth getting service at Eye Candy, Chandelier or Gold Lounge?

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think Chandelier even offers bottle service. There was no formal entrance process at all, just walk in and grab seats. It was a very nice and relaxing place to hang out late evening. No music or any entertainment at all, except for the overhead sound system, that is. :)

12. StudiodeKadent

StudiodeKadent Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hyde at Bellagio, when it isn't being a nightclub, is actually a very good lounge with great fountain views. Very relaxing and laid-back.

Mandarin Bar isn't cheap but its always quiet and relaxing and the drinks, food and service are awesome.

13. Rob V

Rob V Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were looking strongly at Hyde a few weeks back and a contact out there told us that the crowd was a bit younger and there are more than a fair share of hookers in there. Def not interested in the latter.

14. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Lounge (not over packed), Foundation Room, Caramel at Bellagio (think they changed their name, maybe not), VBar, Chandelier (no line or entry, just grab a table).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.